zsh-users
* Using zle in other applications
@ 1998-12-21  1:45 Greg Ward
From: Greg Ward @ 1998-12-21  1:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: zsh-users

Hi all --

I was heartened to see in the zsh 3.1.x distribution that Zle seems to
be a little more separate from the rest of the source, being in its own
directory and all.  I optimistically took that to mean that there is (or
might someday be) a well-defined API for using Zle in programs *other*
than zsh.  Is this in fact the case?  If so, is it documented anywhere?

In particular, I'm interesting in writing extension modules for both
Python and Perl to make Zle available in my two favourite scripting
languages.  Seem reasonable?  (Or, better yet, has anyone already
tackled this?)

Hope I get a reply soon, because I'm going to go off and pore through
the Zle source until my eyes bug out of my head, or someone tells me I'm
wasting my time, or points me at the mythical Zle API document, or
whatever.

Thanks --

        Greg
--
Greg Ward, programmer-at-large        email: gward@ase.com

* Re: Using zle in other applications
@ 1998-12-21 22:12 ` Gossamer
From: Gossamer @ 1998-12-21 22:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: zsh-users

Greg Ward (gward@ase.com) wrote...
> In particular, I'm interesting in writing extension modules for both
> Python and Perl to make Zle available in my two favourite scripting
> languages.  Seem reasonable?  (Or, better yet, has anyone already
> tackled this?)

I haven't mastered Python, but I hack perl and would be very
pleased to play with this along with you.

bekj

--
: --Hacker-Neophile-Eclectic-Geek-Grrl-Queer-Disabled-Boychick--
: gossamer@tertius.net.au   http://www.tertius.net.au/~gossamer/