zsh-workers
* _complete_help broken
@ 2006-10-03 17:33 Peter Stephenson
From: Peter Stephenson @ 2006-10-03 17:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Zsh hackers list

Someone, almost certainly me (or possibly I), broke _complete_help (^xh)
so that it adds an extra newline.  This happens with zsh -f and compinit
from scratch.  This is probably additional fallout from the change I put
in in 22676/22678 to make trashzle() not retrash if it never got
untrashed up (c.f. 22727).  It suggests that there's another point which
isn't fixing the cursor position after outputting to the terminal.
Unfortunately, I haven't yet got much idea of where to look for the
problem; _complete_help does some nasty things (yes, I was surprised,
too...)

* Re: _complete_help broken
@ 2006-10-10 16:55 ` Bart Schaefer
From: Bart Schaefer @ 2006-10-10 16:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Zsh hackers list

On Oct 3,  6:33pm, Peter Stephenson wrote:
}
} Someone, almost certainly me (or possibly I), broke _complete_help (^xh)
} so that it adds an extra newline.  This happens with zsh -f and compinit
} from scratch.  This is probably additional fallout from the change I put
} in in 22676/22678 to make trashzle() not retrash if it never got
} untrashed up (c.f. 22727).  It suggests that there's another point which
} isn't fixing the cursor position after outputting to the terminal.

I'm not sure that's precisely it.  Try ESC 2 ^x h to get the long list
of all the styles, and notice how many extra blank lines are needlessly
inserted at the top of the listing.

The most unusual thing that _complete_help does is "compadd -UX".  I don't
find any other instances of U and X together in compadd options in a quick
grep of all completion functions.