zsh-workers
* hash completion oddity
@ 2008-02-29 15:20 Mikael Magnusson
From: Mikael Magnusson @ 2008-02-29 15:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: zsh-workers

Hi,

I wanted to add a dir to the directory hash with hash -d, so I started typing
hash -d foo=~jo<tab>
and expected it to complete to foo=~johndoe, but instead it just says
"unknown user jo". If i actually type out ~johndoe manually and press
tab, it changes to "no match for: `hash', `directories', or
`corrections'". After I add a / it properly completes directories in
johndoe's home directory though.
(It doesn't matter if it's a real user home dir or a previously named dir.)
With just zsh -f, compinit, zstyle warnings blabla, i just get the
latter message for ~anything, both if it should complete and not, and
for completed names.

--
Mikael Magnusson

* Re: hash completion oddity
@ 2008-02-29 17:29 ` Bart Schaefer
From: Bart Schaefer @ 2008-02-29 17:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: zsh-workers

On Feb 29,  4:20pm, Mikael Magnusson wrote:
}
} hash -d foo=~jo<tab>
} and expected it to complete to foo=~johndoe, but instead it just says
} "unknown user jo".

C-x h will show you that in that context it's expecting to complete
files, only.  The _hash function is calling _path_files at that point,
which doesn't know how to populate an incomplete tilde-expansion.

I don't have time at the moment to try to work out what to change to
get it to call _tilde first.  I may take another stab later but if
someone else wants to jump in, please do.