zsh-workers
* Missing build dependency
@ 2009-01-20 15:22 Bart Schaefer
From: Bart Schaefer @ 2009-01-20 15:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: zsh-workers

So, here's one good use of ZSH_PATCHLEVEL, I guess:

I updated my sandbox from 1.4517 to 1.4520, ran make, started up zsh and
got a stream of errors about bad options to compdef and failures to
autoload completion functions.

Must have something to do with workers/26366, but I don't know what.  A
"make clean" fixed everything up.

* Re: Missing build dependency
@ 2009-01-20 15:57 ` Peter Stephenson
From: Peter Stephenson @ 2009-01-20 15:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: zsh-workers

Bart Schaefer wrote:
> So, here's one good use of ZSH_PATCHLEVEL, I guess:
>
> I updated my sandbox from 1.4517 to 1.4520, ran make, started up zsh and
> got a stream of errors about bad options to compdef and failures to
> autoload completion functions.
>
> Must have something to do with workers/26366, but I don't know what.  A
> "make clean" fixed everything up.

So presumably zle.so got rebuilt but compsomething.so didn't?  However,
I don't see any interface changes that might explain it.

* Re: Missing build dependency
@ 2009-01-20 18:26   ` Bart Schaefer
From: Bart Schaefer @ 2009-01-20 18:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: zsh-workers

On Jan 20,  3:57pm, Peter Stephenson wrote:
} Subject: Re: Missing build dependency
}
} Bart Schaefer wrote:
} > I updated my sandbox from 1.4517 to 1.4520, ran make, started up zsh and
} > got a stream of errors about bad options to compdef and failures to
} > autoload completion functions.
}
} So presumably zle.so got rebuilt but compsomething.so didn't?  However,
} I don't see any interface changes that might explain it.

I believe recompiled were complist.o, zle_hist.o, zle_keymap.o, and as
a conseqence zle.so, but that make output is now a few lines out of my
scrollback buffer. :-(

Perhaps what happened is that "cvs up" set the date stamp on iwidgets.list
to something older than the last build time of the other .o files.  If I
"touch Src/Zle/iwidgets.list" and then "make", a whole lot of things get
compiled that I'm quite sure were not compiled immediately after the
update.