zsh-workers
* systemd completion (loginctl completion no longer works)
@ 2012-10-27 20:29 Denis Kasak
From: Denis Kasak @ 2012-10-27 20:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: zsh-workers

Hello,

loginctl completion no longer works in zsh with new versions of
systemd since "systemd-loginctl" was renamed to just "loginctl". I'll
send a patch to fix this but I was wondering what the preferred
resolution would be: to make it compatible with both binary names (for
compatibility with earlier systemd versions) or to simply change it to
the new name?

Also, what is the preferred method of sending in patches for zsh?
Unified diffs to zsh-workers?

--
Denis Kasak

* Re: systemd completion (loginctl completion no longer works)
@ 2012-10-27 20:43 ` Denis Kasak
From: Denis Kasak @ 2012-10-27 20:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: zsh-workers

On 27 October 2012 22:29, Denis Kasak <denis.kasak@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> loginctl completion no longer works in zsh with new versions of
> systemd since "systemd-loginctl" was renamed to just "loginctl". I'll
> send a patch to fix this but I was wondering what the preferred
> resolution would be: to make it compatible with both binary names (for
> compatibility with earlier systemd versions) or to simply change it to
> the new name?

Nevermind, I just noticed Daniel Wallace's post from a few days ago
(which I somehow managed to miss...). He presumably fixed this issue
in his patches.

--

@ 2012-10-27 21:02 ` Bart Schaefer
From: Bart Schaefer @ 2012-10-27 21:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Denis Kasak, zsh-workers

On Oct 27, 10:29pm, Denis Kasak wrote:
}
} Also, what is the preferred method of sending in patches for zsh?
} Unified diffs to zsh-workers?

Yes.

If you become a regular contributor, you can get direct commit access
to the source repository, but even then it's preferred to send a patch
to zsh-workers and then reference the article number in the commit log
so it can be linked back to any relevant discussion context.