zsh-workers
* zsh 2.6-beta13 bug report
@ 1996-02-19 22:06 Huy Le
From: Huy Le @ 1996-02-19 22:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: zsh-workers

zsh v. 2.6-beta13 on HP-UX A.09.01
zsh v. 2.6-beta13 on SunOS 5.4

When I do the following:

% ls &
[1] 12742
%
[1]  + 12742 suspended (tty output)  ls
% fg
[1]  + continued  ls

my eof stty binding gets changed from ^D to ^A.
The annoying thing is then, when I try to exit with ^D, I get
zsh: do you wish to see all 2345 possibilities?

I really don't want to see all 2345 possibilities. 8-)

- Huy

* Re: zsh 2.6-beta13 bug report
@ 1996-02-20  0:04 ` Zefram
From: Zefram @ 1996-02-20  0:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Huy Le; +Cc: zsh-workers

>my eof stty binding gets changed from ^D to ^A.

I've seen that a lot in xterms.  ttyctl -f helps.

-zefram

* zsh 2.6-beta13 bug report
@ 1996-03-03 20:43 Huy Le
From: Huy Le @ 1996-03-03 20:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: zsh-workers

zsh v. 2.6-beta13 on HP-UX A.09.01
(not reproducible on Solaris or SunOS)

With 'bindkey -v',
if I have

123456789012345678 012345 7

trying to do 'dw' anywhere on the second word deletes the whole line
instead of the word.
For the bug to happen, the length of the first and second words matter
(exactly as above), and there must be a space after the second word.
Haven't (yet) found another word configuration where that happens.

Pretty weird, huh?

- Huy

* zsh 2.6-beta13 bug report
@ 1996-02-23  7:13 Huy Le
From: Huy Le @ 1996-02-23  7:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: zsh-workers

zsh v. 2.6-beta13 on HP-UX A.09.01

setopt nohiststore doesn't seem to work.

- Huy

* zsh 2.6-beta13 bug report
@ 1996-02-21  9:26 Huy Le
From: Huy Le @ 1996-02-21  9:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: zsh-workers

zsh v. 2.6-beta13 on HP-UX A.09.01
zsh v. 2.6-beta13 on SunOS 5.4

When I do:

  while echo crap >/dev/null; do done

and <CTRL>-C break out of it, most of the time (intermittent) my output
seems to stay redirected, and I have to fix it with

  exec >&2

(Note: a difference between HP-UX and Solaris is that, on HP-UX,
 I still manage to see my prompt, while on Solaris nothing but
 error comes out)

- Huy

* Re: zsh 2.6-beta13 bug report
@ 1996-02-18 18:02 ` Zefram
From: Zefram @ 1996-02-18 18:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Huy Le; +Cc: zsh-workers

>1. The following binding doesn't work
>  bindkey -v
>  bindkey -a ':' execute-named-cmd
>
>when I do <ESCAPE> and then ':', the named-cmd prompt is frozen.

That's because it's still using the command mode key mapping, where not
many keys are bound to self-insert.  I think one of the ZLE patches
I've already posted fixes this.

-zefram

* zsh 2.6-beta13 bug report
@ 1996-02-17 21:52 Huy Le
From: Huy Le @ 1996-02-17 21:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: zsh-workers

zsh v. 2.6-beta13 on HP-UX A.09.01

1. The following binding doesn't work
  bindkey -v
  bindkey -a ':' execute-named-cmd

when I do <ESCAPE> and then ':', the named-cmd prompt is frozen.

2. Completion bug
  compctl -g '*' -S '\#' -x 'n[1,\\#]' -g '*' -- a

The completion on the second file is off by a character. I guess the
\\ is counted as two characters in the n[1,\\#] argument instead of one.

For instance, if there is a file called bozo in the current directory,
the following happens:

a bo<TAB>
    which completes to:  a bozo\#
a bozo\#<TAB>