zsh-workers
* Bug in 5.2 version with the key ²
@ 2015-12-14 15:24 Joël Porquet
From: Joël Porquet @ 2015-12-14 15:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: zsh-workers

Hi,

I'm hitting a bug with the new 5.2 version. I'm running Archlinux.

In two words:

- there is a key on my keyboard that does the power of two character:
'²'.
- since it's absolutely useless to have this character, I tweaked zsh in
order to have it do something useful instead:

# make TAB to block while ² to cycle complete
bindkey "²" menu-complete
setopt autolist
unsetopt menu_complete
unsetopt auto_menu
unsetopt list_ambiguous

So basically, TAB is a blocking completion while ² is a cycle
completion. It's very convenient.

Anyway, since 5.2, this doesn't work anymore. Whenever I hit the ² key,
instead of looping through the possible completion possibilities, it
displays several interrogation points:

$ cd musi²
$ cd musi<????????>

I just reverted to 5.1.1 and it works as expected.

Let me know (at this email address) if you can include more details,
Thanks,
Joël

* Re: Bug in 5.2 version with the key ²
@ 2015-12-14 15:58 ` Peter Stephenson
From: Peter Stephenson @ 2015-12-14 15:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: zsh-workers, Joël Porquet

> Anyway, since 5.2, this doesn't work anymore. Whenever I hit the ² key,
> instead of looping through the possible completion possibilities, it
> displays several interrogation points:

Thanks, we just fixed this in the code a week or so ago.

pws

* Re: Bug in 5.2 version with the key ²
@ 2015-12-14 16:11   ` Joël Porquet
From: Joël Porquet @ 2015-12-14 16:11 UTC (permalink / raw)