zsh-workers
* completion for {foo,ba/baz
@ 2015-11-01 21:03 Dave Yost
From: Dave Yost @ 2015-11-01 21:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: zsh workers

It seems to me that zsh completion should work on an argument that has a { without a closing }.

So, tab on
  {foo,ba/baz
should produce
  {foo,bar}/baz
and if the only two things in the directory are foo and bar, then tab on
  {foo,/baz
or
  {foo,}/baz
should produce
  {foo,bar}/baz

* Re: completion for {foo,ba/baz
@ 2015-11-01 23:36 ` Bart Schaefer
From: Bart Schaefer @ 2015-11-01 23:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Dave Yost, zsh workers

On Nov 1,  1:03pm, Dave Yost wrote:
}
} It seems to me that zsh completion should work on an argument that has
} a { without a closing }.

Well, it tries, but what it tries is to complete things that could be
added to the list inside the braces; it does not attempt to figure out
where you meant the closing brace to be, because:

} So, tab on
}   {foo,ba/baz
} should produce
}   {foo,bar}/baz

Why?  Brace expansions don't care about slashes the way ordinary globs
do.  This could just as easily be {foo,ba/baz,etc}.