zsh-workers
* zsh 4.0.4 crashes when PATH unset
@ 2002-01-22 12:10 Pascal Byrne
From: Pascal Byrne @ 2002-01-22 12:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: zsh-workers

Hi,
I have found a crash bug in zsh 4.0.4 compiled under Linux. When PATH is
unset and I try doing completion after typing '~/' the shell gives a seg
fault.

I have the following options set:
autocd noautoparamslash autopushd autoresume nobgnice cdablevars correct
correctall extendedglob globdots histexpiredupsfirst histignoredups
interactive longlistjobs mailwarning menucomplete pushdignoredups
pushdminus pushdsilent pushdtohome rcquotes recexact shinstdin

I have an strace output if anyone is interested. Please reply directly
as I'm not on this list.

-Pascal

* Re: zsh 4.0.4 crashes when PATH unset
@ 2002-01-28 16:42 ` Sven Wischnowsky
From: Sven Wischnowsky @ 2002-01-28 16:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: zsh-workers; +Cc: Pascal Byrne

Pascal Byrne wrote:

> Hi,
> I have found a crash bug in zsh 4.0.4 compiled under Linux. When PATH is
> unset and I try doing completion after typing '~/' the shell gives a seg
> fault.
>
> I have the following options set:
> autocd noautoparamslash autopushd autoresume nobgnice cdablevars correct
> correctall extendedglob globdots histexpiredupsfirst histignoredups
> interactive longlistjobs mailwarning menucomplete pushdignoredups
> pushdminus pushdsilent pushdtohome rcquotes recexact shinstdin

Hm, works for me, both with compctl and the new completion system.
Could you tell us the steps to the crash, starting with `zsh -f'?

Bye
  Sven

--
Sven Wischnowsky                           wischnow@berkom.de