zsh-workers
* Modules marked dynamic not compiling
@ 2017-06-09 19:27 John, Michael
From: John, Michael @ 2017-06-09 19:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: zsh-workers

Hello,

I'm trying to get my dynamic modules to compile but none of them will. I'm
using Zsh 5.3.1 on Linux (cross-compiling on x86 32bit to ARM7). The module
I'm focusing on is mapfile. My line in config.modules for this looks like
the following:

name=zsh/mapfile modfile=Src/Modules/mapfile.mdd link=dynamic auto=no
load=no

I run 'make prep' after making the change to config.modules and then run
'make && make install'. It seems all modules marked as dynamic are skipped.

Here is a snippet of my ./configure output:

./configure \
    --target=armv7l-timesys-linux-gnueabi \
    --host=armv7l-timesys-linux-gnueabi \
    --build=i686-linux-gnu \
    --prefix=/usr \
    --exec-prefix=/usr \
    --bindir=/usr/bin \
    --sbindir=/usr/sbin \
    --libdir=/usr/lib \
    --libexecdir=/usr/lib \
    --sysconfdir=/etc \
    --datadir=/usr/share \
    --localstatedir=/var \
    --mandir=/usr/share/man \
    --infodir=/usr/share/info \
    --includedir=/usr/include \
    --disable-nls --disable-Werror

zsh configuration
-----------------
zsh version                                : 5.3.1-dev-0
host operating system         : armv7l-timesys-linux-gnueabi
source code location             : .
compiler                                     :
armv7l-timesys-linux-gnueabi-gcc
preprocessor flags                 :
executable compiler flags   : -Os -pipe
executable linker flags         :   -rdynamic
library flags                                : -ldl -lncurses -lrt -lm  -lc
installation basename           : zsh
binary install path                   : /usr/bin
man page install path            : /usr/share/man
info install path                        : /usr/share/info
functions install path             : /usr/share/zsh/5.3.1-dev-0/functions
See config.modules for installed modules and functions.

I'm at a bit of a loss for why the modules marked dynamic aren't compiling.
Anyone have any ideas/suggestions?

Thanks,
-Michael

[-- Attachment #2: smime.p7s --]

* Re: Modules marked dynamic not compiling
@ 2017-06-10 19:04 ` Bart Schaefer
From: Bart Schaefer @ 2017-06-10 19:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: John, Michael, zsh-workers@zsh.org

On Jun 9,  7:27pm, John, Michael wrote:
}
} I'm at a bit of a loss for why the modules marked dynamic aren't compiling.
} Anyone have any ideas/suggestions?

I've found in the past that (a) the format of the config.modules file
can be somewhat picky and (b) dependencies for building modules are
not always obvious.

The default out of the box should be to build all the modules dynamic
and install them, so try moving your config.modules to a new name,
regenerate with configure, and diff your config against the generated
one.  Maybe you have an extra newline in one of the long lists of
functions= or something.

Next try making a backup of your desired config.modules, then start
over from running configure.  Overwrite the gerated config.modules
from your backup, DO NOT "make prep", just go directly to "make".

If that doesn't work, try going all the way back to "make clean".