zsh-workers
* beta11-test9 available for testing
@ 1995-10-10  0:52 Richard Coleman
From: Richard Coleman @ 1995-10-10  0:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: zsh-workers

We are approaching the release of beta11.  There are still
many changes I want to make, but I need to get something out
for people to test.  So I have put the file

zsh-2.6-beta11-test9.tar.gz
zsh-RCS.tar.gz

in /pub/zsh/testing on my ftp server (ftp.math.gatech.edu).
This directory is not readable (I don't want mirror sites to
pick it up yet), but you can still get it by

cd /pub/zsh
get testing/zsh-2.6-beta11-test9.tar.gz

This release should be considered alpha quality.  In general it
seems usable, but there are still bugs.  In particular `bindkey'
without any arguments currently core dumps.  I'll try to fix this
later this week (unless someone beats me to it).

Don't be surprised if your favorite patch is not merged yet.
I still have many patches to go.  Some patches that have been
submitted will need modification before they merge cleanly.  If
you can resubmit a new patch, I would appreciate it.  It will speed
things up.  Please just make sure you explain in the message what
you are changing and why.

Richard Coleman
coleman@math.gatech.edu

* Re: beta11-test9 available for testing
@ 1995-10-10 21:39 ` Zoltan Hidvegi
From: Zoltan Hidvegi @ 1995-10-10 21:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Richard Coleman

Richard wrote:
> Don't be surprised if your favorite patch is not merged yet.
> I still have many patches to go.  Some patches that have been
> submitted will need modification before they merge cleanly.  If
> you can resubmit a new patch, I would appreciate it.  It will speed
> things up.  Please just make sure you explain in the message what
> you are changing and why.

I also made my release based on beta11-test9.  It can be ftp'ed from

ftp://ktud.elte.hu/pub/zsh/testing

And the files:

-rw-r--r--  383996 Oct 10 22:02 zsh-2.6-beta11-test9-hzoli11-RCS.tar.gz
-rw-r--r--  109093 Oct 10 22:05 zsh-2.6-beta11-test9-hzoli11-diff.gz
-rw-r--r--  616509 Oct 10 22:14 zsh-2.6-beta11-test9-hzoli11.tar.gz

The directory is executable only, do do not worry if dir gives you nothing.

It already contains almost all of the missing patches from test9 modified for
the beta11 release.  Some patches need some redesign.  E.g. the &|
disown-backgrounding patch from Zefram is much shorter now due to the changes
in beta11.

The RCS version is only usable if unpacked in the main directory of an
official beta11-test9 distribution.

The net is wery busy here recently, so try to download it during the night in
Europe.

A note to Richard: it seems that you merged patch 185 into utils.c but not
into zle_tricky.c.  Did you do it on purpose?

Cheers,
  Zoltan

* Re: beta11-test9 available for testing
@ 1995-10-11 16:56   ` Richard Coleman
From: Richard Coleman @ 1995-10-11 16:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: zsh-workers

> > Shit, I forgot which files i have to touch, will have to find out again...
>
> Sorry about that.  I never do a make in the top directory, that's why I always
> forget it.  Also I do not have autoconf (I was too lazy to get it).  For those
> having such problems, just do a `touch configure' in the main zsh directory.
> I repacked the tar.gz source with correct dates.  The only change is the date
> of configure, so do not download it if you already have it.  The file changed
> is:
>
> -rw-r--r--  616509 Oct 11 09:01 zsh-2.6-beta11-test9-hzoli11.tar.gz
>
> If you use the patch to vanilla test9, you will probably have similar
> problems, but I do not repack the patch file.

There are two things I could do.  The first is put in a Makefile target
so that "make touch" will touch all the right files in the right order.
The second is add some code to the "make dist" code so that when I
make a distribution, it comments out the Makefile dependencies for
configure.  That way if a patch changes configure or configure.in, then
it will not try to run autoconf or autoheader.

Hmm...  I think I like the second option.  I'll try to work on it
later this week.

       [not found] <199510110809.AA17690@zditr1.arcs.ac.at>
@ 1995-10-11  8:32 ` Zoltan Hidvegi
From: Zoltan Hidvegi @ 1995-10-11  8:32 UTC (permalink / raw)