zsh-workers
* zsh not available for SCO unix?
@ 1995-11-07 17:45 Ralph Betza
From: Ralph Betza @ 1995-11-07 17:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: zsh-list

I tried 2.3.1 and 2.5.03, and in both cases zsh failed miserably to
compile. Is it simply not available for SCO?

(I'm not subscribed to the list, so you might want to email me any
response.)

--
Ralph Betza (FM)
gnohmon@atiny.ny.apertus.com

* Re: zsh not available for SCO unix?
@ 1995-11-07 20:23 ` Richard Coleman
From: Richard Coleman @ 1995-11-07 20:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ralph Betza; +Cc: zsh-workers

> I tried 2.3.1 and 2.5.03, and in both cases zsh failed miserably to
> compile. Is it simply not available for SCO?
>
> (I'm not subscribed to the list, so you might want to email me any
> response.)

zsh has been changed to use auto-configure (GNU autoconf).  The current
zsh beta (currently at 2.6-beta11) is much more portable than 2.5.03.
Althought there are occasionally minor compile problems for SCO (depending
usually on the version), but these are very easily correctable.

Richard Coleman
coleman@math.gatech.edu