zsh-workers
* Completion bug
@ 1996-03-24  9:40 Zefram
From: Zefram @ 1996-03-24  9:40 UTC (permalink / raw)

Here's a long-standing bug...

If you have a filename with two consecutive newlines in it, and
complete to it, the newlines are each surrounded by single quotes.
Consequently, the command line looks something like

host% ls a'
''
'b _

which, if RC_QUOTES is on, will be treated as a filename "a\n'\nb",
rather than "a\n\nb".

There's no need for anyone to fix this immediately; I intend to fix a
lot of matters involving completion and quotes sometime soon.

-zefram

* Re: Completion bug
@ 1996-03-30 22:21 ` Zoltan Hidvegi
From: Zoltan Hidvegi @ 1996-03-30 22:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Zsh hacking and development

[-- Attachment #1: Type: application/pgp, Size: 5347 bytes --]

* Re: completion bug
@ 2009-01-06 18:28     ` Richard Hartmann
From: Richard Hartmann @ 2009-01-06 18:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: sergio; +Cc: Zsh Workers

On Tue, Jan 6, 2009 at 19:09, sergio <zsh@sergio.spb.ru> wrote:

> Thansk, apt-get update && apt-get dist-upgrade helps me.

Good thing 4.3.9-1 has been uploaded a few days ago :p

Richard

* Re: completion bug
@ 2009-01-06 18:09   ` sergio
From: sergio @ 2009-01-06 18:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: Zsh Workers

--
sergio

* Re: completion bug
@ 2009-01-03 18:27 ` Peter Stephenson
From: Peter Stephenson @ 2009-01-03 18:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Zsh Workers

On Wed, 24 Dec 2008 16:12:56 +0300
sergio <zsh@sergio.spb.ru> wrote:
> % mkdir \[\]ы
> % touch \[\]ы/qwe
> when i press <TAB> nothing happens
>
> all works fine without on of two bracket or in zsh -f

This looks very like a bug which is now fixed.  It appears now to work
for me with the raw "compinit" settings as well as my usual ones.

--
Peter Stephenson <p.w.stephenson@ntlworld.com>

* completion bug
@ 2008-12-24 13:12 sergio