zsh-workers
* Request for a hint
@ 1996-04-26  9:55 Helmut Jarausch
From: Helmut Jarausch @ 1996-04-26  9:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: zsh-list

Hi all,
can anybody give me a hint for doing the following in zsh - probably it's easy.

Sometimes I do a very critical command using e.g.  ~-  or  ~WORK  like
rm -rf ~-

Before executing this command I would like to see the expansion of it
(show me, what ~- really is)

Is this possible with a keystroke?

Thanks for any hints,
Helmut Jarausch.

* Re: Request for a hint
       [not found] <zsh-list.199604260955.LAA00962@igpm.rwth-aachen.de>
@ 1996-04-27 20:33 ` Huy Le
From: Huy Le @ 1996-04-27 20:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: mlist-zsh-list

In article <zsh-list.199604260955.LAA00962@igpm.rwth-aachen.de>,
Helmut Jarausch <jarausch@igpm.rwth-aachen.de> wrote:
>Hi all,
>can anybody give me a hint for doing the following in zsh - probably it's easy.
>
>Sometimes I do a very critical command using e.g.  ~-  or  ~WORK  like
>rm -rf ~-
>
>Before executing this command I would like to see the expansion of it
>(show me, what ~- really is)
>
>Is this possible with a keystroke?

I have the following binding:
bindkey    '^G' list-expand

It's very useful to see the expansion of anything, like ~-, file*glob,
$PARAM, etc. You'll never erase the wrong file again!

- Huy