zsh-workers
* Keybindings interfering with EOF (beta19)
@ 1996-06-08 22:38 Clint Olsen
From: Clint Olsen @ 1996-06-08 22:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: zsh-workers

Hello:

I'm using beta19, and I've noticed some different behavior since version
13.  When I type ^D on an empty line, it attempts to "list-choices".
Should it be doing this?  I'll override it in my startup scripts, but I
just thought I'd ask.  Btw, I'm keybinding to vi.

Thanks,

-Clint

* Re: Keybindings interfering with EOF (beta19)
@ 1996-06-08 22:51 ` Hrvoje Niksic
From: Hrvoje Niksic @ 1996-06-08 22:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Clint Olsen; +Cc: zsh-workers

Clint Olsen (olsenc@kodiak.ee.washington.edu) wrote:
> I'm using beta19, and I've noticed some different behavior since version
> 13.  When I type ^D on an empty line, it attempts to "list-choices".
> Should it be doing this?  I'll override it in my startup scripts, but I
> just thought I'd ask.  Btw, I'm keybinding to vi.

Maybe I'm pointing out the obvious, but have you tried checking your
stty settings, typing stty -a and checking for eof. I get this
behaviour when my tty is misconfigured. stty eof ^D usually fixes it.

--
hniksic@srce.hr              |  Student of electrical engineering
hniksic@fly.cc.fer.hr        |  University of Zagreb, Croatia

* Re: Keybindings interfering with EOF (beta19)
@ 1996-06-08 23:53   ` Clint Olsen
From: Clint Olsen @ 1996-06-08 23:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: zsh-workers

On Jun 9, 1996 0:51:06 +0200, hniksic@srce.hr (Hrvoje Niksic) wrote:

> Maybe I'm pointing out the obvious, but have you tried checking your
> stty settings, typing stty -a and checking for eof. I get this
> behaviour when my tty is misconfigured. stty eof ^D usually fixes it.

Thanks for the quick reply.  I performed an stty -a and it was already
mapped properly.

-Clint