zsh-workers
* repeatable bug with static zsh on GNU/linux
@ 2005-02-18 21:28 Han Boetes
From: Han Boetes @ 2005-02-18 21:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: zsh-workers

Hi,

I compiled zsh-4.2.4 statically on GNU/Linux and then from the
commandline entered ``sh'' and I got:

   zsh: can't set tty pgrp: operation not permitted

This doesn't happen with the dynamic version, nor with a static
version on OpenBSD.

# Han
--
For all ya        |\      _,,,---,,_      The real problem with hunting
untamed Daemons   /,`.-'`'    -.  ;-;;,_    elephants is carrying the

* Re: repeatable bug with static zsh on GNU/linux
@ 2005-02-26 22:04 ` Bart Schaefer
From: Bart Schaefer @ 2005-02-26 22:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: zsh-workers

On Fri, 18 Feb 2005, Han Boetes wrote:

> I compiled zsh-4.2.4 statically on GNU/Linux and then from the
> commandline entered ``sh'' and I got:
>
>    zsh: can't set tty pgrp: operation not permitted

See also

 http://www.zsh.org/cgi-bin/mla/redirect?WORKERNUMBER=19750

(except that the mla redirector seems to be having trouble at the moment,
so try http://www.zsh.org/mla/workers/2004/msg00402.html instead).

> This doesn't happen with the dynamic version, nor with a static
> version on OpenBSD.

Since upgrading the gcc and glibc packages (I'm now at gcc-3.2.3-49 and
glibc-2.3.2-95.30) I no longer have the problem.