zsh-workers
* Re: Is anybody getting through to CVS on SourceForge?
@ 2006-04-04  4:58 Wayne Davison
From: Wayne Davison @ 2006-04-04  4:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Bart Schaefer; +Cc: zsh-workers

On Mon, Apr 03, 2006 at 09:51:39PM -0700, Bart Schaefer wrote:
> I'm certainly not having any luck, since about Friday.

I've been monitoring the hardware outage on this page:

    http://sourceforge.net/docs/A04/

They currently say that they hope to have developer access back online
late Tuesday or early Wednesday (Pacific time, US).

..wayne..

* Re: Is anybody getting through to CVS on SourceForge?
@ 2006-04-04 23:28 Wayne Davison
From: Wayne Davison @ 2006-04-04 23:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Bart Schaefer; +Cc: zsh-workers

On Mon, Apr 03, 2006 at 09:51:39PM -0700, Bart Schaefer wrote:
> I'm certainly not having any luck, since about Friday.

I just managed to get through, so CVS appears to be back.

..wayne..

* Re: Is anybody getting through to CVS on SourceForge?
@ 2006-04-04 19:33 Wayne Davison
From: Wayne Davison @ 2006-04-04 19:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Dan Nelson; +Cc: zsh-workers

On Tue, Apr 04, 2006 at 10:48:37AM -0500, Dan Nelson wrote:
> Which implies that the machine was not being backed up before the
> hardware failure?

Not according to the earlier part of that same paragraph:

    Due to the implementation of the CVS service, there is a single
    point of failure with multiple points of recovery (there is more
    than one data source we could potentially recover from if there is
    any data loss as a result of the failure).

So, this makes it sound like they want to make sure that they recover
the data directly from the machine instead of requiring the use of an
alternate method of recovery (which, presumably, would not be 100%
up-to-date).  That's how I read it, at least -- I don't know an more of
what's happening than what they're telling us.

..wayne..

* Re: Is anybody getting through to CVS on SourceForge?
@ 2006-04-04 15:48 Dan Nelson
From: Dan Nelson @ 2006-04-04 15:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Wayne Davison; +Cc: Bart Schaefer, zsh-workers

In the last episode (Apr 03), Wayne Davison said:
> On Mon, Apr 03, 2006 at 09:51:39PM -0700, Bart Schaefer wrote:
> > I'm certainly not having any luck, since about Friday.
>
> I've been monitoring the hardware outage on this page:
>
>     http://sourceforge.net/docs/A04/
>
> They currently say that they hope to have developer access back online
> late Tuesday or early Wednesday (Pacific time, US).

What I find interesting on that page is:

    Our main focus since the outage was detected has been to safegaurd
    all data on the developer CVS server as well as possible. We are
    currently attempting to backup the data on the host, which is
    taking longer than we initially anticipated it would, but is a
    necessary step to fully safegaurd the host's data.

--
	Dan Nelson
	dnelson@allantgroup.com

* Is anybody getting through to CVS on SourceForge?
@ 2006-04-04  4:51 Bart Schaefer
From: Bart Schaefer @ 2006-04-04  4:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: zsh-workers

I'm certainly not having any luck, since about Friday.