zsh-workers
* Re: Cygwin ZSH crashes on reverse-menu-complete
@ 2006-10-27 13:14 ` Peter Stephenson
From: Peter Stephenson @ 2006-10-27 13:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: mjw, Zsh hackers list

"Matt Wozniski" <godlygeek@gmail.com> wrote:
> Sorry if I should have directed this towards the cygwin lists instead;
> I'm not really sure which list it's more appropriate for.  I have
> found a very easily repeatable bug with zsh on both the cygwin native
> console and rxvt/xterm that causes zsh 4.3.2 to segfault when asked to
> reverse-menu-complete while in a menu-completion.

Spooky.  That should be fixed by the patch I posted three minutes after you
sent you message.  It's not specific to Cygwin.

* Cygwin ZSH crashes on reverse-menu-complete
@ 2006-10-30 14:02 Matt Wozniski
From: Matt Wozniski @ 2006-10-30 14:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: zsh-workers

Sorry if I should have directed this towards the cygwin lists instead;
I'm not really sure which list it's more appropriate for.  I have
found a very easily repeatable bug with zsh on both the cygwin native
console and rxvt/xterm that causes zsh 4.3.2 to segfault when asked to
reverse-menu-complete while in a menu-completion.

Steps to repeat:

Make sure that it's not a problem with my dotfiles
1. zsh -f

Make sure that we can use <ESC>x
2. bindkey -e

Load new-style completion
3. autoload compinit; compinit

Tell completion to use menu completion
4. zstyle ':completion:*' menu select=2

Enter a menu completion
5. ls <TAB><TAB><ESC>x

and then, at the 'execute: ' prompt, try to reverse by typing
6. reverse-menu-complete

And, suddenly, segfault.

This is the simplest test case I've found so far.  Can anyone offer
any suggestions?

Thanks in advance,
~Matt