zsh-workers
* compinit in sourced file breaks bg command!?!
@ 2007-03-27  9:33 Stephane Chazelas
From: Stephane Chazelas @ 2007-03-27  9:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Zsh hackers list

Hi,

I've been experiencing an annoting behavior of bg recently.

$ cmd
<CTRL-Z>
$ bg

and  cmd is not made the "current job".

It's OK when running with zsh -f though.

I've tried to narrow it down. Apparently it's due to the
"compinit" line in my ~/.zshrc. To reproduce it:

$ rm ~/.zcompdump
$ zsh -f
sc% autoload compinit
sc% . <(echo compinit)
sc% sleep 200
<Ctrl-Z>
zsh: suspended  sleep 200
sc% jobs
[1]  + suspended  sleep 200
sc% bg
[1]    continued  sleep 200
sc% jobs
[1]    running    sleep 200
sc% fg
fg: no current job

The behavior doesn't show up if ". <(echo compinit)" is replaced
with "compinit", that is compinit has to be run from a sourced
file.

That's the zsh-beta package on debian unstable:

4.3.2-dev-1+20070324-1

It's OK with zsh package 4.3.2-25

Any idea?

Best regards,