zsh-workers
* Removal of autoloads via module name only
@ 2007-06-25 20:18 Peter Stephenson
From: Peter Stephenson @ 2007-06-25 20:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Zsh hackers list

zmodload allows you to say "zmodload -ab foo" which will mark buitin
"foo" to be autoloaded from module "foo".  This has been useless for
zsh's own modules since we put them in the namespace zsh/...; none of
the four autoloadable features allow slashes and we don't do any
automatic mangling on module or feature names (nor do I think we
should).  As far as I can see, therefore, this ability is just a
historical confusion.  The only possible exception would be if someone
has their own module which doesn't use a namespace (which violates our
guidelines anyway).

Is anyone going to be concerned if I remove this ability, so that
you would need to give both the module and the builtin etc. to be
autoloaded explicitly?  I stronly suspect the answer is "no", in which
case I will remove it in the next round of feature autoloading changes.

--
Peter Stephenson <p.w.stephenson@ntlworld.com>