zsh-workers
* Zsh Design Document | Porting to Symbian
@ 2008-11-19  6:36 pavan.mysore
From: pavan.mysore @ 2008-11-19  6:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: zsh-workers

Hi All,

I am Pavan, I am working at a company called Symbian, we make a Smart
Phone OS called symbian.
I am trying to port Zsh to Symbian, though Symbian does not supprt direct
native posix api's we have a platform called P.I.P.S
which provides subset of Posix APIs. Could someone please tell me if and
how i can get access to the Zsh design document as just going
through the code i am not able to understand anything substantial.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Pavan

Software Engineer

Open Environment
Generic OS Services
Symbian India Pvt. Ltd.
mail: pavan.mysore@symbian.com
ph: +91-9741784899

Symbian Software Ltd is a company registered in England and Wales
with registered number 4190020 and registered office at 2-6
Boundary Row, Southwark, London,  SE1 8HP, UK. This message is
intended only for use by the named addressee and may contain
privileged and/or confidential information. If you are not the
named addressee you should not disseminate, copy or take any action
in reliance on it. If you have received this message in error
please notify postmaster@symbian.com and delete the message and any
attachments accompanying it immediately. Neither Symbian nor any of
its Affiliates accepts liability for any corruption, interception,
amendment, tampering or viruses occurring to this message in
transit or for any message sent by its employees which is not in
compliance with Symbian corporate policy.

* Re: Zsh Design Document | Porting to Symbian
@ 2008-11-19 10:03 ` Peter Stephenson
From: Peter Stephenson @ 2008-11-19 10:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pavan.mysore; +Cc: zsh-workers

On Wed, 19 Nov 2008 12:06:21 +0530
pavan.mysore@symbian.com wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I am Pavan, I am working at a company called Symbian, we make a Smart
> Phone OS called symbian.
> I am trying to port Zsh to Symbian, though Symbian does not supprt direct
> native posix api's we have a platform called P.I.P.S
> which provides subset of Posix APIs. Could someone please tell me if and
> how i can get access to the Zsh design document as just going
> through the code i am not able to understand anything substantial.

The best we've got is the file Etc/zsh-development-guide in the source
tarball.  That's mostly targeted at people trying to add things to the
shell, however, rather than for system-level modifications.  Otherwise
you'll need to post your questions here, but they'll probably get
answered if they're succinct enough.