zsh-workers
* Translating my Character Index into yodl-format
@ 2012-09-15 18:54 Jesse Weinstein
From: Jesse Weinstein @ 2012-09-15 18:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: zsh-workers

I'm trying to translate my Character Index
( http://zshwiki.org/home/docs/charindex ) into yodl format so it can be
included with (and easily link to) the main zsh documentation. But I'm
running into difficulties figuring out what yodl tags to use. I've
looked at the yodl manual here: http://yodl.sourceforge.net/yodl.html
and the yodl source of the zsh docs, here:
http://zsh.git.sourceforge.net/git/gitweb.cgi?p=zsh/zsh;a=tree;f=Doc;hb=HEAD

I've figured out how to add a node to the docs (although I may have done
it wrong).

My beginning of an effort is below, in the file Doc/Zsh/kbdidx.yo

texinode(Keyboard Index)()(User Contributions)(Top)
ifnztexi(sect(Keyboard Index))

subsect(A)
startitem()
item(tt(-A))( Thing )
enditem()
subsect(B)
startlist()
list(tt(abc))
list(tt(de))
endlist()

Any pointers to previous efforts at migrating documentation from the
wiki to the main docs, or just advice about learning yodl, would be
appreciated.

Jesse Weinstein

* Re: Translating my Character Index into yodl-format
@ 2012-09-21 15:37 ` Peter Stephenson
From: Peter Stephenson @ 2012-09-21 15:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: zsh-workers

On Sat, 15 Sep 2012 11:54:21 -0700
Jesse Weinstein <jesse@wefu.org> wrote:
> I'm trying to translate my Character Index
> ( http://zshwiki.org/home/docs/charindex ) into yodl format so it can be
> included with (and easily link to) the main zsh documentation. But I'm
> running into difficulties figuring out what yodl tags to use. I've
> looked at the yodl manual here: http://yodl.sourceforge.net/yodl.html
> and the yodl source of the zsh docs, here:
> http://zsh.git.sourceforge.net/git/gitweb.cgi?p=zsh/zsh;a=tree;f=Doc;hb=HEAD
>
> I've figured out how to add a node to the docs (although I may have done
> it wrong).
>
> My beginning of an effort is below, in the file Doc/Zsh/kbdidx.yo
>
> texinode(Keyboard Index)()(User Contributions)(Top)
> ifnztexi(sect(Keyboard Index))
>
> subsect(A)
> startitem()
> item(tt(-A))( Thing )
> enditem()
> subsect(B)
> startlist()
> list(tt(abc))
> list(tt(de))
> endlist()

I don't see anything obviously wrong with what you've got.  Yodl isn't
all that flexible without a lot of customisation, and you're doing the
right sort of thing.  I suspect most of us do very little other than
copy and modify what's there already.

pws

More information can be found at www.csr.com. Follow CSR on Twitter at http://twitter.com/CSR_PLC and read our blog at www.csr.com/blog