zsh-workers
* zsh domain and keyword in CN
@ 2014-06-26  6:55 Jeff Wang
From: Jeff Wang @ 2014-06-26  6:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: zsh-workers

(Please forward this to your CEO, because this is urgent. Thanks)

We are a Network Service Company which is the domain name registration center in Shanghai, China. On June 25, 2014, we received an application from Huamax Holdings Ltd requested "zsh" as their internet keyword and China (CN) domain names. But after checking it, we find this name conflict with your company name or trademark. In order to deal with this matter better, it's necessary to send email to you and confirm whether this company is your distributor or business partner in China?

Kind regards

Jeff Wang
General Manager
Shanghai Office (Headquarters)
B06, Yujing Building, No.1 Jihe Road,
Shanghai 201107, China
Tel: +86 21 6191 8696
Mobile: +86 138 1642 8671
Fax: +86 21 6191 8697
Web: www.yiguandns.cn

* Re: zsh domain and keyword in CN
@ 2014-06-26  8:45 ` Daniel Shahaf
From: Daniel Shahaf @ 2014-06-26  8:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: zsh-workers

We received this at another project and decided to reply.

I suggest somebody replies with a "No".

(It's probably not spam --- it doesn't ask for a credit card number or anything.)

@ 2014-06-26  9:02 ` Peter Stephenson
From: Peter Stephenson @ 2014-06-26  9:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: zsh-workers

On Thu, 26 Jun 2014 14:55:10 +0800
Jeff Wang <jeff.wang@yiguandns.cn> wrote:
> (Please forward this to your CEO, because this is urgent. Thanks)
>
> We are a Network Service Company which is the domain name registration
> center in Shanghai, China. On June 25, 2014, we received an
> application from Huamax Holdings Ltd requested "zsh" as their internet
> keyword and China (CN) domain names. But after checking it, we find
> this name conflict with your company name or trademark. In order to
> deal with this matter better, it's necessary to send email to you and
> confirm whether this company is your distributor or business partner
> in China?

Hi,

I'm the coordinator of the Zsh development group.

The people who are talking to you are not connected to us.  We are not a
commercial organisation but a free software development group ---
unaffiliated to any other organisation --- so we do not have registered
trademarks, just the domain name zsh.org.

Peter Stephenson

* Re: zsh domain and keyword in CN
@ 2014-06-26  9:04   ` Peter Stephenson
From: Peter Stephenson @ 2014-06-26  9:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: zsh-workers

(Sorry, that's the message I've just sent to the original sender.
Apologies for confusing everyone...)

pws

@ 2014-06-26 10:33   ` Axel Beckert
From: Axel Beckert @ 2014-06-26 10:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: zsh-workers

Hi,

On Thu, Jun 26, 2014 at 08:45:00AM +0000, Daniel Shahaf wrote:
> We received this at another project and decided to reply.

Me, too. They asked for "mozillian" or "mozidebian" or such on
Debian's mailing list for mozilla packages. :-)

> (It's probably not spam --- it doesn't ask for a credit card number
> or anything.)

Not yet. :-)

The trick seems that they hope that the people they ask if the
trademark usage is ok, say "no" and then buy that domain instead of
the claimed buyer from those who were asking.

So the chance are high is that there was not really anyone interested
in zsh.cn or such, but they hoped we would buy it if we hear that
someone else may buy it.

		Kind regards, Axel
\ /  Say No to HTML in E-Mail and News            | abe@deuxchevaux.org  (Mail)
 X   See http://www.nonhtmlmail.org/campaign.html | abe@noone.org (Mail+Jabber)
/ \  I love long mails: http://email.is-not-s.ms/ | http://noone.org/abe/ (Web)

* Re: zsh domain and keyword in CN
@ 2014-06-26 10:37     ` Peter Stephenson
From: Peter Stephenson @ 2014-06-26 10:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: zsh-workers

On Thu, 26 Jun 2014 12:33:54 +0200
Axel Beckert <abe@deuxchevaux.org> wrote:
> So the chance are high is that there was not really anyone interested
> in zsh.cn or such, but they hoped we would buy it if we hear that
> someone else may buy it.

Yes, that does seem quite likely --- but as we're not, no harm done :-).

pws