zsh-workers
* Prompt problem in zsh 4.3.17
@ 2014-09-18  9:33 Manfred Lotz
From: Manfred Lotz @ 2014-09-18  9:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Zsh Hackers' List

Hi there,
I'm on a Debian system where trying to check out predefined prompts
gives me this:

prompt fade yellow
█▓▒░manfred@myserver█▓▒░ Thu Sep 18 11:32:31am
_cwd}~/

Colors are fine, just the _cwd} is a bit odd.

Anything I could do?

--
Thanks,
Manfred

* Re: Prompt problem in zsh 4.3.17
@ 2014-09-18 12:54 ` Axel Beckert
From: Axel Beckert @ 2014-09-18 12:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Manfred Lotz; +Cc: Zsh Hackers' List

Hi Manfred,

Manfred Lotz schrieb am Thu, Sep 18, 2014 at 11:33:51AM +0200:
> I'm on a Debian system where trying to check out predefined prompts
> gives me this:
>
> prompt fade yellow
> █▓▒░manfred@myserver█▓▒░ Thu Sep 18 11:32:31am
> _cwd}~/
>
> Colors are fine, just the _cwd} is a bit odd.

Indeed. I can reproduce this on Debian Wheezy. It's though fixed in
later versions of zsh, i.e. will no more happen in Debian Jessie (the
next Debian Stable Release).

> Anything I could do?

Not really a nice solution, rather a short hack:

Edit /usr/share/zsh/functions/Prompts/prompt_fade_setup as root and
change in line 34 %F{fadebar_cwd} to %F{$fadebar_cwd} (a dollar sign
is missing).

In case there should be a security update of zsh in Debian Wheezy, you
may need to redo this.

		Regards, Axel
\ /  Say No to HTML in E-Mail and News            | abe@deuxchevaux.org  (Mail)
 X   See http://arc.pasp.de/                      | abe@noone.org (Mail+Jabber)
/ \  I love long mails: http://email.is-not-s.ms/ | http://noone.org/abe/ (Web)

* Re: Prompt problem in zsh 4.3.17
@ 2014-09-18 16:41   ` Frank Terbeck
From: Frank Terbeck @ 2014-09-18 16:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Manfred Lotz; +Cc: Zsh Hackers' List

Axel Beckert wrote:
[...]
> Manfred Lotz schrieb am Thu, Sep 18, 2014 at 11:33:51AM +0200:
>> I'm on a Debian system where trying to check out predefined prompts
>> gives me this:
>>
>> prompt fade yellow
>> █▓▒░manfred@myserver█▓▒░ Thu Sep 18 11:32:31am
>> _cwd}~/
[...]
> Edit /usr/share/zsh/functions/Prompts/prompt_fade_setup as root and
> change in line 34 %F{fadebar_cwd} to %F{$fadebar_cwd} (a dollar sign
> is missing).
>
> In case there should be a security update of zsh in Debian Wheezy, you
> may need to redo this.

Better yet: Copy

   /usr/share/zsh/functions/Prompts/prompt_fade_setup

   /usr/local/share/zsh/site-functions/prompt_fade_setup

And put the fix into that file. On debian,
/usr/local/share/zsh/site-functions is the first entry in $fpath and
thus entries from it will override any other files. Therefore a file in
there would survive package upgrades as well.

Regards, Frank

* Re: Prompt problem in zsh 4.3.17
@ 2014-09-18 17:28     ` Manfred Lotz
From: Manfred Lotz @ 2014-09-18 17:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Zsh Hackers' List

Hi Frank,
Thanks to you and Axel for your answers.

On Thu, 18 Sep 2014 18:41:34 +0200
Frank Terbeck <ft@bewatermyfriend.org> wrote:

> Axel Beckert wrote:
> [...]
> > Manfred Lotz schrieb am Thu, Sep 18, 2014 at 11:33:51AM +0200:
> >> I'm on a Debian system where trying to check out predefined prompts
> >> gives me this:
> >>
> >> prompt fade yellow
> >> █▓▒░manfred@myserver█▓▒░ Thu Sep 18 11:32:31am
> >> _cwd}~/
> [...]
> > Edit /usr/share/zsh/functions/Prompts/prompt_fade_setup as root and
> > change in line 34 %F{fadebar_cwd} to %F{$fadebar_cwd} (a dollar sign
> > is missing).
> >
> > In case there should be a security update of zsh in Debian Wheezy,
> > you may need to redo this.
>
> Better yet: Copy
>
>    /usr/share/zsh/functions/Prompts/prompt_fade_setup

>    /usr/local/share/zsh/site-functions/prompt_fade_setup
>
> And put the fix into that file. On debian,
> /usr/local/share/zsh/site-functions is the first entry in $fpath and
> thus entries from it will override any other files. Therefore a file
> in there would survive package upgrades as well.

Yes, it would be better to copy and fix the copy.

Thanks again, Manfred