zsh-workers
* Sourceforge GIT is down
@ 2015-07-16 21:00 Bart Schaefer
From: Bart Schaefer @ 2015-07-16 21:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: zsh-workers

fatal: unable to connect to git.code.sf.net:
git.code.sf.net[0: 216.34.181.155]: errno=Connection refused

The Blog page says:

The sourceforge.net website is temporarily in static offline mode.
Only a very limited set of project pages are available until the main website returns to service.

* Re: Sourceforge GIT is down
@ 2015-07-17  1:47 ` Mikael Magnusson
From: Mikael Magnusson @ 2015-07-17  1:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Bart Schaefer; +Cc: zsh workers

On Thu, Jul 16, 2015 at 11:00 PM, Bart Schaefer
<schaefer@brasslantern.com> wrote:
> fatal: unable to connect to git.code.sf.net:
> git.code.sf.net[0: 216.34.181.155]: errno=Connection refused
>
> The Blog page says:
>
> The sourceforge.net website is temporarily in static offline mode.
> Only a very limited set of project pages are available until the main website returns to service.

Should we set up an official secondary repo, or at least public
mirrors of all our (the developers') repositories? Eg, either a
cvs-like repository like the sourceforge one is, or everyone just has
their own repos somewhere. Or both would be fine too. (Mine is
available at http://cgit.mika.l3ib.org/cgit/zsh-cvs/ for example).
There's also this automatic readonly mirror of the sourceforge repo,
http://repo.or.cz/w/zsh/mirror.git

--
Mikael Magnusson

* Re: Sourceforge GIT is down
@ 2015-07-18 20:38   ` scowles
From: scowles @ 2015-07-18 20:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: zsh workers

On Fri, 17 Jul 2015, Mikael Magnusson wrote:

> Date: Thu, 16 Jul 2015 18:47:56
> From: Mikael Magnusson <mikachu@gmail.com>
> Subject: Re: Sourceforge GIT is down
>
> On Thu, Jul 16, 2015 at 11:00 PM, Bart Schaefer
> <schaefer@brasslantern.com> wrote:
>> fatal: unable to connect to git.code.sf.net:
>> git.code.sf.net[0: 216.34.181.155]: errno=Connection refused
>> The sourceforge.net website is temporarily in static offline mode.
>> Only a very limited set of project pages are available until the main website returns to service.
> their own repos somewhere. Or both would be fine too. (Mine is
> available at http://cgit.mika.l3ib.org/cgit/zsh-cvs/ for example).
> There's also this automatic readonly mirror of the sourceforge repo,
> http://repo.or.cz/w/zsh/mirror.git

thank you for the URL's.  as of Sat Jul 18 13:33:11 2015 PST, the
working URL's for these sites are:

git://repo.or.cz/zsh/mirror.git
git://git.mika.l3ib.org/zsh-cvs

* Re: Sourceforge GIT is down
@ 2015-07-19  9:34     ` Axel Beckert
From: Axel Beckert @ 2015-07-19  9:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: zsh-workers

Hi,

On Sat, Jul 18, 2015 at 01:38:08PM -0700, scowles@ckhb.org wrote:
> > their own repos somewhere. Or both would be fine too. (Mine is
> > available at http://cgit.mika.l3ib.org/cgit/zsh-cvs/ for example).
> > There's also this automatic readonly mirror of the sourceforge repo,
> > http://repo.or.cz/w/zsh/mirror.git
>
> thank you for the URL's.  as of Sat Jul 18 13:33:11 2015 PST, the
> working URL's for these sites are:
>
> git://repo.or.cz/zsh/mirror.git
> git://git.mika.l3ib.org/zsh-cvs

There's another automatic mirror at https://github.com/zsh-users/zsh.
git://github.com/zsh-users/zsh.git works, too, despite not being
advertised. (My own repo at Github is just a fork of that:
https://github.com/xtaran/zsh, usually less uptodate.)

P.S.: SF still down, and SCM will be last (but git will be the first
SCM to be restored), see https://twitter.com/sfnet_ops and
https://sourceforge.net/blog/sourceforge-infrastructure-and-service-restoration/

		Kind regards, Axel
\ /  Say No to HTML in E-Mail and News            | abe@deuxchevaux.org  (Mail)
 X   See http://www.nonhtmlmail.org/campaign.html | abe@noone.org (Mail+Jabber)
/ \  I love long mails: http://email.is-not-s.ms/ | http://abe.noone.org/ (Web)

* Re: Sourceforge GIT is down
@ 2015-07-19 17:19   ` Daniel Shahaf
From: Daniel Shahaf @ 2015-07-19 17:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Mikael Magnusson; +Cc: Bart Schaefer, zsh workers

Mikael Magnusson wrote on Fri, Jul 17, 2015 at 03:47:56 +0200:
> On Thu, Jul 16, 2015 at 11:00 PM, Bart Schaefer
> <schaefer@brasslantern.com> wrote:
> > fatal: unable to connect to git.code.sf.net:
> > git.code.sf.net[0: 216.34.181.155]: errno=Connection refused
> >
> > The Blog page says:
> >
> > The sourceforge.net website is temporarily in static offline mode.
> > Only a very limited set of project pages are available until the main website returns to service.
>
> Should we set up an official secondary repo, or at least public
> mirrors of all our (the developers') repositories? Eg, either a
> cvs-like repository like the sourceforge one is, or everyone just has
> their own repos somewhere. Or both would be fine too. (Mine is

It's tricky to have a second repository to push commits to.  For
example, there is the split-brain problem: what to do if the two master
repositories diverge, and the changes made to one conflict with the
changes made to the other?

Then there is authentication, glue code to keep the two masters in sync,
and so on.

Cheers,

Daniel