zsh-workers
* [BUG] Segfault when referencing $WIDGET in TRAPWINCH
@ 2016-06-07  6:42 Paul M
From: Paul M @ 2016-06-07  6:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: zsh-workers

Steps to reproduce:

1. add a TRAPWINCH something like this:

TRAPWINCH(){echo $WIDGET}

2. Open a terminal
3. Resize

zsh will segfault. GDB reports something like this

Program received signal SIGSERV, Segmentation fault.
0xXXXXX.. in ?? () from /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/zsh/5.0.2/zsh/zle.so

where 0xXXXXX is a memory address. This stays consistent(though varies
across machines).

N.B. This only happens if there has been no user interaction.

Pressing any key will prevent the error.  Pressing the space bar will
cause it to output magic-space for example (I'm guessing this causes
$WIDGET to be set, is some way, though trying to test if it was set with
echo ${WIDGET+x} also caused the crash).

Paul M

* Re: [BUG] Segfault when referencing $WIDGET in TRAPWINCH
@ 2016-06-07  8:29 ` Peter Stephenson
From: Peter Stephenson @ 2016-06-07  8:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Paul M; +Cc: zsh-workers

On Mon, 06 Jun 2016 23:42:40 -0700
Paul M <tallus@gmail.com> wrote:
> Steps to reproduce:
>
> 1. add a TRAPWINCH something like this:
>
> TRAPWINCH(){echo $WIDGET}
>
> 2. Open a terminal
> 3. Resize
>
> zsh will segfault. GDB reports something like this
>
> Program received signal SIGSERV, Segmentation fault.
> 0xXXXXX.. in ?? () from /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/zsh/5.0.2/zsh/zle.so

I think that's been fixed --- I got it to happen easily with 5.0.2 but
it didn't with the latest version.  5.0.2 is a few years old.

pws