zsh-workers
* counterintuitive behavior of zle_bracketed_paste
@ 2017-06-11 10:37 Peter Backes
                   ` (2 more replies)
From: Peter Backes @ 2017-06-11 10:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: zsh-workers

Hello,

The README says in section "Incompatibilities between 5.0.8 and 5.1":
'Now, the new "bracketed paste mode" treats all the pasted text as
literal characters.  This means, in particular, that a newline is
simply inserted as a visible newline; you need to hit Return on the
keyboard to execute the pasted text in one go."

While backeted paste mode is certainly a good thing, this behavior is
very counterintuitive.  If the last pasted character is a return, the
command should instead be executed instantly.  Users who do not want to
execute instantly can simply not paste a return on the last line, as
before.  Please change zsh accordingly.

Please mail me directly if you reply as I am not subscribed to the list.

Best wishes
Peter
--
Peter Backes, rtc@helen.PLASMA.Xg8.DE