zsh-workers
* Completion: How to emulate what this zstyle does natuarlly in a completion function?
@ 2018-05-26  7:05 Doron Behar
From: Doron Behar @ 2018-05-26  7:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: zsh-workers

Since I first installed zsh, probably when I ran `zsh-newuser-install`,
I had the following line in my `~/.zshrc`:

    zstyle ':completion:*:kill:*' command 'ps -u $USER -o pid,%cpu,tty,cputime,cmd'

I know that if I remove this line, the `kill` command's completion is
pretty poor and it completes processes from the current tty only. With
this statement in my `~/.zshrc`, `kill` is completed with all processes
of the current user.

My question is: How do I emulate a completion like that naturally within
a completion function? I want a certain command's option argument
completion to suggest all processes the current user just like when I
try to complete `kill`.

* Re: Completion: How to emulate what this zstyle does natuarlly in a completion function?
@ 2018-05-27  3:45 ` Bart Schaefer
From: Bart Schaefer @ 2018-05-27  3:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: zsh-workers

On Sat, May 26, 2018 at 12:05 AM, Doron Behar <doron.behar@gmail.com> wrote:

> My question is: How do I emulate a completion like that naturally within
> a completion function? I want a certain command's option argument
> completion to suggest all processes the current user just like when I
> try to complete `kill`.

You want to call the _pids helper function from that command's
completion function.  _pids will use the current context to look up
the command to use to generate the list of possible process IDs.

* Re: Completion: How to emulate what this zstyle does natuarlly in a completion function?
@ 2018-05-27  8:53   ` Doron Behar
From: Doron Behar @ 2018-05-27  8:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Bart Schaefer; +Cc: zsh-workers

Thanks for your reply Bart,

I tried using `_pids` but it completes pids of processes only in the
current tty. How to I make complete all the processes the user has?