zsh-workers
* Updating config.sub and config.guess
@ 2018-05-27  6:40 ` Eitan Adler
From: Eitan Adler @ 2018-05-27  6:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Zsh hackers list

Hi all,

Its about time we update config.sub and config.guess. I tried sending
a patch, but even with -U1 its too big.

To update:

∴wget -O config.guess
'http://git.savannah.gnu.org/gitweb/?p=config.git;a=blob_plain;f=config.guess;hb=HEAD'
∴wget -O config.sub
'http://git.savannah.gnu.org/gitweb/?p=config.git;a=blob_plain;f=config.sub;hb=HEAD'

--
Eitan Adler

* Re: Updating config.sub and config.guess
@ 2018-05-29  8:55   ` Peter Stephenson
From: Peter Stephenson @ 2018-05-29  8:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Zsh hackers list

On Sat, 26 May 2018 23:40:17 -0700
Eitan Adler <lists@eitanadler.com> wrote:
> Its about time we update config.sub and config.guess. I tried sending
> a patch, but even with -U1 its too big.

I've updated these and applied the other changes, thanks.

It's complete guesswork what older machines people are trying to compile
zsh on, but I don't think we've had a mention of e.g. AIX or IRIX, never
mind SunOS 4, for a very long time, so I can't imagine removing some of
the older features now is going to be a problem.

It's certainly uncontroversial attempting to support the latest.

pws