zsh-workers
* tilde compleation
@ 1996-05-18 18:09 Jason Zapman II
From: Jason Zapman II @ 1996-05-18 18:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: zsh-workers

in zsh 2.5.03 is there a problem with tilde (~) compleation from within
shell scripts?  Or am I simply doing something moronic?  (entirely
posible.)  What I am doing is running some shell scripts that other people
have written (mostly for ksh) from my zsh shell.  They don't have the line
#!/usr/bin/ksh
in the top, and when they do, things tend to work.

hmmm.  My logic tells me that this should work reguardless of the #! line,
(but if it was something like bash, other things would break)  Or this
could simply be me not knowing the shell I use nearly well enough.  :)

Jason

--
look into their eyes, and ponder on what you see,
for they will tell you more truly than their lips

* Re: tilde compleation
@ 1996-05-18 18:31 ` Zefram
From: Zefram @ 1996-05-18 18:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jason Zapman II; +Cc: zsh-workers

>in zsh 2.5.03 is there a problem with tilde (~) compleation from within
>shell scripts?  Or am I simply doing something moronic?  (entirely
>posible.)

I think you mean expansion, not completion.

>           What I am doing is running some shell scripts that other people
>have written (mostly for ksh) from my zsh shell.  They don't have the line
>#!/usr/bin/ksh
>in the top, and when they do, things tend to work.

If your shell scripts don't have a #! line, and you're executing (as
opposed to sourcing) them, they will probably be processed by /bin/sh.
If /bin/sh is a Bourne shell, it won't do tilde expansion.

-zefram