zsh-workers
* Module depndencies problem (fails on Linux at least)
@ 2001-11-18  7:57 Andrej Borsenkow
From: Andrej Borsenkow @ 2001-11-18  7:57 UTC (permalink / raw)

Yesterday I wrote patch that automatically adds module dependencies at
compile time just to find out that under Linux (Mandrake cooker,
glibc-2.2.4, gcc-2.96 as modified by Mandrake) shared object can't have
unresolved data references else dlopen() fails. In case of zftp/tcp it
appears to work, but e.g. loading of complist (that is done as the very
first in my ~/.zshrc) fails due to large number of references to
external variables.

Which meas that 'dlopen it and get list of dependencies' won't work
until huge part of Zsh has been rewritten to not require direct access
to external variables. Something I welcome wholeheartedly but do not
dare to undertake :-)

-andrej

only message in thread, other threads:[~2001-11-18  7:57 UTC | newest]