zsh-workers
* segmentation fault in menu-select
@ 2008-05-13 13:40 sergio
From: sergio @ 2008-05-13 13:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Zsh hackers list

Hello,

zsh segfaults after:

% ls <TAB>
then type some letters and then menu-select via ESC-x

simple .zshrc:

% cat .zshrc
autoload -Uz compinit
compinit
zmodload zsh/complist
% ls .zs*
.zshenv.old  .zshrc  .zshrc.old

P.S.
i can't reproduce this bug in zsh -f mode.

--
sergio

* Re: segmentation fault in menu-select
@ 2008-05-29 10:44 ` Jun T.
From: Jun T. @ 2008-05-29 10:44 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: zsh-workers

Has this post been answered in other place?

At 5:40 PM +0400 08.5.13, sergio wrote:
>% cat .zshrc
>autoload -Uz compinit
>compinit
>zmodload zsh/complist

You must "zmodload zsh/complist" before compinit.
In zshcompsys manpage, section "Use of compinit", it says:

  If you  use  the
  menu-select  widget,  which  is  part  of  the zsh/complist module, you
  should make sure that that module is loaded before the call to compinit
  so  that  that  widget  is  also re-defined.

>i can't reproduce this bug in zsh -f mode.

Yes.
I don't know why it works if you start "zsh -f" and then "source .zshrc".

* Re: segmentation fault in menu-select
@ 2008-05-29 14:47   ` sergio
From: sergio @ 2008-05-29 14:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: zsh-workers

Jun T. wrote:
> Has this post been answered in other place?
No.

> At 5:40 PM +0400 08.5.13, sergio wrote:
>> % cat .zshrc
>> autoload -Uz compinit
>> compinit
>> zmodload zsh/complist
>
> You must "zmodload zsh/complist" before compinit.

Thank you wery much (:

When I was setting up zsh first time I have turned off auto_menu because
    it makes behavior like in bash.
Then I have knew about menu completion, and have decided to turn it on
after second <tab>. I've forgotten about auto_menu so I wrote simple widget:

zle -N my-tab
bindkey '\t' my-tab
my-tab(){
        if [[ $LASTWIDGET == $WIDGET ]]; then
                zle menu-select
        else
                zle expand-or-complete-prefix
        fi
}

And now I have two ways to do this:
1) my widget
2) zstyle ':completion:*' menu select=0
   with default auto_menu

--

@ 2008-05-29 16:17   ` Bart Schaefer
From: Bart Schaefer @ 2008-05-29 16:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: zsh-workers

On May 29,  7:44pm, Jun T. wrote:
} Subject: Re: segmentation fault in menu-select
}
} Has this post been answered in other place?
}
} At 5:40 PM +0400 08.5.13, sergio wrote:
} >% cat .zshrc
} >autoload -Uz compinit
} >compinit
} >zmodload zsh/complist
}
} You must "zmodload zsh/complist" before compinit.

It still shouldn't cause a segmentation fault, though.

What version number of zsh?

* Re: segmentation fault in menu-select
@ 2008-05-29 16:43     ` sergio
From: sergio @ 2008-05-29 16:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: zsh-workers

Bart Schaefer wrote:

> It still shouldn't cause a segmentation fault, though.
>
> What version number of zsh?

% zsh --version
zsh 4.3.6 (i686-pc-linux-gnu)

--