zsh-workers
* Suggestion: chmod +x auto completion only completes files that do not have executable permission
@ 2012-05-18  8:56 Hong Xu
From: Hong Xu @ 2012-05-18  8:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: zsh-workers

Hi,

I have a suggestion about chmod auto completion here. We could complete only chmod +x with files that do not have executable permission, and vice versa. We could also apply this rule to chmod +r, chmod +w, etc. What do you think?

Hong

* Re: Suggestion: chmod +x auto completion only completes files that do not have executable permission
@ 2012-05-21 16:19 ` Bart Schaefer
From: Bart Schaefer @ 2012-05-21 16:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Hong Xu, zsh-workers@zsh.org

On May 18,  4:56pm, Hong Xu wrote:
}
} I have a suggestion about chmod auto completion here. We could
} complete only chmod +x with files that do not have executable
} permission, and vice versa. We could also apply this rule to chmod +r,
} chmod +w, etc. What do you think?

As far as I can tell, chmod completion already does this.  _chmod has
this snippet:

    for spec in ${(s:,:)words[2]}
    do
	if [[ ${spec#*[+-=]} != [rwxst]## ]]
	then
	    _files && ret=0
	    return ret
	fi
	specs+=(${${(M)spec##[+-=]*}:+a}$spec)
    done
    _wanted files expl file _files -g "*(-.^f:${(j.,.)specs}:)" && ret=0

Do you have a case where it's failing?

* Re: Suggestion: chmod +x auto completion only completes files that do not have executable permission
@ 2012-05-22  8:31   ` Hong Xu
From: Hong Xu @ 2012-05-22  8:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Bart Schaefer; +Cc: zsh-workers

On 05/22/2012 12:19 AM, Bart Schaefer wrote:
> On May 18,  4:56pm, Hong Xu wrote:
> }
> } I have a suggestion about chmod auto completion here. We could
> } complete only chmod +x with files that do not have executable
> } permission, and vice versa. We could also apply this rule to chmod +r,
> } chmod +w, etc. What do you think?
>
> As far as I can tell, chmod completion already does this.  _chmod has
> this snippet:
>
>      for spec in ${(s:,:)words[2]}
>      do
> 	if [[ ${spec#*[+-=]} != [rwxst]## ]]
> 	then
> 	    _files&&  ret=0
> 	    return ret
> 	fi
> 	specs+=(${${(M)spec##[+-=]*}:+a}$spec)
>      done
>      _wanted files expl file _files -g "*(-.^f:${(j.,.)specs}:)"&&  ret=0
>
> Do you have a case where it's failing?

Weird, now it works for me like a charm. Thanks anyway!

Hong