zsh-workers
* magic-space and pipe symbols in parentheses
@ 2018-04-03 19:34 Frank Terbeck
From: Frank Terbeck @ 2018-04-03 19:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: zsh-workers; +Cc: sim.desaulniers

Hey list,

Simon Désaulniers found this (the ^ in the line below indicates the
cursor position at a zsh prompt):

zsh% $(foo) bar
          ^

Now insert "| " with space being bound to magic-space:

  bindkey ' ' magic-space

...to get this (the " bar" is gone):

zsh% $(foo| )
            ^

This works from "zsh -f" with the additional bindkey I mentioned.

I've bisected this down to:

commit 4073a6655cafc78728cb126cfe44e89cc7ba720a
Author: Peter Stephenson <pws@zsh.org>
Date:   Thu Nov 3 10:30:00 2016 +0000

    39815: Read input to end on parse error in $(...) inside a string.

    This allows ${(z)} to output the whole string, although we can't do
    word splitting from the error onwards.

Not sure how this is related to magic-space, but this is what I get.

Regards, Frank
                                                  -- RFC 1925

* Re: magic-space and pipe symbols in parentheses
@ 2018-04-03 22:52 ` Bart Schaefer
From: Bart Schaefer @ 2018-04-03 22:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: zsh-workers; +Cc: sim.desaulniers

On Tue, Apr 3, 2018 at 12:34 PM, Frank Terbeck <ft@bewatermyfriend.org> wrote:

> Simon Désaulniers found this

Probably the same thing discussed in workers/42573 (the "lexer issue" thread).

* Re: magic-space and pipe symbols in parentheses
@ 2018-04-05  8:49   ` Frank Terbeck
From: Frank Terbeck @ 2018-04-05  8:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: zsh-workers; +Cc: sim.desaulniers

Hey Bart!

Bart Schaefer wrote:
> On Tue, Apr 3, 2018 at 12:34 PM, Frank Terbeck <ft@bewatermyfriend.org> wrote:
>>
>> Simon Désaulniers found this
>
> Probably the same thing discussed in workers/42573 (the "lexer issue" thread).

Seems like you are correct. After Peter's patch from 42581, this issue
is gone as well. Thanks!

Regards, Frank
                                                  -- RFC 1925