zsh-workers
* 2 questions
@ 1995-05-29  0:43 Soren Dayton
From: Soren Dayton @ 1995-05-29  0:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: zsh-workers

Hello

I have two questions.  First, I hit ^D to logout and I am asked whether or
not I want to see pages of possibilities.  This only happens on one
account (I am comparing it to others that are NFS'ed together).

Second, I just saw the statistics on processes on this cluster.  Eight
people use zsh (out of about 13000), but in 3 weeks, zsh was executed
about 6362 times.  What is in the zsh code that causes this?

thanks for the help
Soren Dayton

* Re: 2 questions
@ 1995-05-30 14:25 ` Vinnie Shelton
From: Vinnie Shelton @ 1995-05-30 14:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Soren Dayton; +Cc: zsh-workers

In message <199505290043.TAA02289@woodlawn.uchicago.edu>, Soren Dayton wrote:

>First, I hit ^D to logout and I am asked whether or
>not I want to see pages of possibilities.  This only happens on one
>account (I am comparing it to others that are NFS'ed together).

I've seen this, too.  It doesn't always happen, however: ^D on a fresh shell
will exit the shell.  Some sequence of events is required before this
condition arises.

BTW, I've seen this on both SunOS 4.1.3_U1 and Solaris 2, version 2.6-beta8.

--Vin

* Re: 2 questions
       [not found] <12607.9511010846@pygmy.swan.ac.uk>
@ 1995-11-01  9:44 ` Zoltan Hidvegi
From: Zoltan Hidvegi @ 1995-11-01  9:44 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: P.Stephenson

Peter wrote:
> > 2.) why is it that when I do history -f, I get dates and times that refer to
> > the latest login and not to the date and time of command execution in the
> > history.
> >
> > For example,
> >
> >   105  10/21/1995 09:44  cd News <--- this command was run 10/20 not 10/21
> >   106  10/21/1995 09:44  mail -f z <-- this is correct
>
> Probably this is due to the problem with some versions of atol() which
> don't like the : following the history date and won't convert the
> number.  This may have been fixed by now.

I think that the problem is that you should use the extended_history option to
get meaningful timestamps.  Be default zsh does not save time information into
the history file and on the next login eralier commands are listed with the
time of the latest login.

>From zshoptions(1):

              EXTENDED_HISTORY
                     Save  beginning and ending timestamps to the
                     history file.  The format  of  these  times-
                     tamps     is    :<beginning    time>:<ending
                     time>:<command>.

Zoltan