zsh-workers
* HP-UX compile problem: zsh beta 9
@ 1995-06-26 11:19 Felix von Leitner
From: Felix von Leitner @ 1995-06-26 11:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Z-Shell Liste

Hi Zsh-hackers !

When trying to compile zsh beta 9 on HP-UX 9.05, I found that
/usr/include/sys/unistd.h (which is included by /usr/include/unistd.h)
defines

  extern char *logname(void)

while Src/globals.h defines

  extern char *logname;

So we have a problem here ;)

  % grep "\<logname\>" *.[ch]
  globals.h:EXTERN char *logname;           /* $LOGNAME    */
  init.c:    if (!(logname = getlogin())) {
  init.c:     logname = ztrdup(pswd->pw_name);
  init.c:     logname = ztrdup("");
  init.c:    username = ztrdup(logname);
  params.c:       IPDEF6("LOGNAME", &logname),
  params.c:       pm->env = addenv("LOGNAME", logname);
  %

If we change all these occurances from "logname" to "Logname" or so,
everything works fine.  Well, it seems to work fine ;)
Mhh, let's put it this way: The problems do not seem to be related to
"logname" ;))

No, seriously, never had any serious problems with zsh.

Felix

--
(------------------------------------------------------------------)
Good programmers write good code; great programmers 'borrow' good code.

* Re: HP-UX compile problem: zsh beta 9
@ 1995-06-26 19:10 ` Richard Coleman
From: Richard Coleman @ 1995-06-26 19:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: zsh-workers

> When trying to compile zsh beta 9 on HP-UX 9.05, I found that
> /usr/include/sys/unistd.h (which is included by /usr/include/unistd.h)
> defines
>
>   extern char *logname(void)
>
> while Src/globals.h defines
>
>   extern char *logname;
>
> So we have a problem here ;)

[ I forgot to Cc the reply to the list.  Also, I've noticed that a few
  people are still using the address zsh-list@sterling.com.  Rick is
  currently forwarding these, but it is better to use the new address
  which is zsh-workers@math.gatech.edu.  Check the FAQ for the addresses
  of all the zsh lists. ]

I've fixed the above problem (as well as others) in the baseline source.
Beta10 should be out by the end of the week (and maybe even by Wednesday).

rc