zsh-workers
* WATCHFMT bug
@ 1995-08-19 18:21 Andy Wick
From: Andy Wick @ 1995-08-19 18:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: zsh-workers

I sent a report about this a while ago and I don't think anyone
responded so I searched for an answer myself.

The problem is bolding and such doesn't work for WATCHFMT anymore.
It broke between beta8 and beta9.  There is a one line fix, but
it probably isn't the "right" fix.

zle_misc.c: line 683
change beta9+: tputs(tcstr[cap], 1, putshout);
to     beta8-: tputs(tcstr[cap], 1, putraw);

It would be great if someone could tell me the "real" solution.  Also
wonder why the watch stuff doesn't just use the same code as
print -P or PROMPT.

Thanks.

Also new bug: ^ by itself crashes zsh.  Simple solution is a null check
in subst, but again thats probably not the "right" solution.

--
awick@vt.edu                                    Andy Wick
awick@yertle.fp.trw.com                     Virginia Tech/TRW

* Re: WATCHFMT bug
@ 1995-10-10 23:41 ` Richard Coleman
From: Richard Coleman @ 1995-10-10 23:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: zsh-workers

> Ok this is the third time I sent this.  Just want to make sure
> it gets into either beta11 or hzoli11.
>
> The bug was introduced between beta8 and beta9.  WATCHFMTs now ignore bold,
> underline etc...
>
> test9: zle_misc.c line 700
> test9-hzoli11: zle_misc.c line 757
>
> 	       tputs(tcstr[cap], 1, putshout);
> should be
> 	       tputs(tcstr[cap], 1, putraw);

I'll have to test this, but it seems like this would break
other things.  There is typically a reason we send output to
shout rather than stdout.

rc

* WATCHFMT bug
@ 1995-10-10 22:39 Andy Wick
From: Andy Wick @ 1995-10-10 22:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: zsh-workers

Ok this is the third time I sent this.  Just want to make sure
it gets into either beta11 or hzoli11.

The bug was introduced between beta8 and beta9.  WATCHFMTs now ignore bold,
underline etc...

test9: zle_misc.c line 700
test9-hzoli11: zle_misc.c line 757

	       tputs(tcstr[cap], 1, putshout);
should be
	       tputs(tcstr[cap], 1, putraw);

Since it is ONLY ONE LINE, can you PRETTY PLEASE WITH SUGAR ON IT put
it into one of the version.  Thanks!!!