zsh-workers
* make check hanging on mac OS X 10.4.1
@ 2005-07-27  7:47 Felix Rosencrantz
From: Felix Rosencrantz @ 2005-07-27  7:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Zsh hackers list

I notice that "make check" hangs on OS X 10.4.1 in Y02compmatch.ztst,
Haven't investigated yet. Just wondering if it is my environment or if
others are seeing the same thing.

-FR

* Re: make check hanging on mac OS X 10.4.1
@ 2005-07-27 12:01 ` lists
From: lists @ 2005-07-27 12:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Felix Rosencrantz; +Cc: Zsh hackers list

On Jul 27, 2005, at 2:47 AM, Felix Rosencrantz wrote:

> I notice that "make check" hangs on OS X 10.4.1 in Y02compmatch.ztst,
> Haven't investigated yet. Just wondering if it is my environment or if
> others are seeing the same thing.
>
> -FR

Yep, this is a known issue.  It's not known what causes it though.
PWS said the following in <http://www.zsh.org/mla/users/2005/
msg00054.html>:

>> This has been seen sporadically on the Mac, though no one quite
>> seems to
>> know why.  It's got something to do with the use of STREAMS in the
>> zsh/zpty
>> module.  Unless you use the zsh/zpty module in normal operation, you
>> shouldn't care.  It will need a Mac expert to fix.

-Ryan