zsh-workers
* switching a context
@ 2006-11-24  6:22 Une Bévue
From: Une Bévue @ 2006-11-24  6:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: zsh-workers

On my bow i do have to installation of ruby

one under /opt/local

another under ~/

the first is the standard ruby the second is another version of ruby
callable by java thru jRuby.

they have in common some names of env vars :

as for example GEM_HOME but they do not have to point to the same
directory.

they have also in common names of scripts.

here it is esier to make the differnce

when i have "gem" for the first ruby i use jgem for jRuby by aliasing :

alias jgem="$JRUBY_HOME/jruby $JRUBY_BIN/gem"

then, the question is, when i use such an alias may i have a way to
switch the context, that's to say :

instead of having $GEM_HOME=/opt/local...

having $GEM_HOME=~/...

is that possible using zsh ?

Yvon

* Re: switching a context
@ 2006-12-05  0:27 ` Andrew Ruder
From: Andrew Ruder @ 2006-12-05  0:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Une B?vue; +Cc: zsh-workers

On Fri, Nov 24, 2006 at 07:22:59AM +0100, Une B?vue wrote:
> then, the question is, when i use such an alias may i have a way to
> switch the context, that's to say :

Have you taken a look at something like http://modules.sourceforge.net ?
Its not zsh per se, but sounds exactly like what you are trying to
emulate.

- Andy

--
Andrew Ruder <andy@aeruder.net>