zsh-workers
* On macOS, max RSS values are in bytes, not kilobytes
@ 2021-06-30 18:56 Marlon Richert
From: Marlon Richert @ 2021-06-30 18:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Zsh hackers list

This affects both $REPORTMEMORY and $TIMEFMT's %M. Either the manual
should be updated to mention this or the code should be updated to
convert these values.

* Re: On macOS, max RSS values are in bytes, not kilobytes
@ 2021-06-30 20:14 ` Stephane Chazelas
From: Stephane Chazelas @ 2021-06-30 20:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Marlon Richert; +Cc: Zsh hackers list

2021-06-30 21:56:21 +0300, Marlon Richert:
> This affects both $REPORTMEMORY and $TIMEFMT's %M. Either the manual
> should be updated to mention this or the code should be updated to
> convert these values.

I'm confused there. I recently reported (again) that %M was only
correct on Darwin/MacOS:

https://www.zsh.org/mla/workers/2021/msg01312.html

Then I realised I had already reported it last year. This one
has a lot more detail:
https://www.zsh.org/mla/workers/2020/msg00314.html

--
Stephane

* Re: On macOS, max RSS values are in bytes, not kilobytes
@ 2021-07-01 19:59   ` Marlon Richert
From: Marlon Richert @ 2021-07-01 19:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Marlon Richert, Zsh hackers list

On Wed, Jun 30, 2021 at 11:14 PM Stephane Chazelas
<stephane@chazelas.org> wrote:

> 2021-06-30 21:56:21 +0300, Marlon Richert:
> > This affects both $REPORTMEMORY and $TIMEFMT's %M. Either the manual
> > should be updated to mention this or the code should be updated to
> > convert these values.
>
> I'm confused there. I recently reported (again) that %M was only
> correct on Darwin/MacOS:
>
> https://www.zsh.org/mla/workers/2021/msg01312.html
>
> Then I realised I had already reported it last year. This one
> has a lot more detail:
> https://www.zsh.org/mla/workers/2020/msg00314.html

OK, now I have confused myself, too. You are right, it appears to be
correct on macOS, but not when I try it on Ubuntu (where %M's value is
1024 times too small).

Sorry about the confusion. It seems I mixed up the two.