zsh-workers
* Prompt Redrawn When Resizing Or Deleting Panes In Tmux
@ 2016-05-20  1:36 email.box
From: email.box @ 2016-05-20  1:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: zsh-workers

Hello,

I'm not sure if this is a bug, or because the way tmux works, zsh is
redrawing itself on the screen, therefore creating addition prompts.

Please see this bug report for all the things I've been running into with
tmux;

https://github.com/tmux/tmux/issues/405

thanks

* Re: Prompt Redrawn When Resizing Or Deleting Panes In Tmux
@ 2016-05-20 10:28 ` Vincent Lefevre
From: Vincent Lefevre @ 2016-05-20 10:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: zsh-workers; +Cc: email.box

[Note: I'm not a zsh developer.]

On 2016-05-20 02:36:54 +0100, email.box@tutanota.de wrote:
> I'm not sure if this is a bug, or because the way tmux works, zsh is
> redrawing itself on the screen, therefore creating addition prompts.
>
> Please see this bug report for all the things I've been running into with
> tmux;
>
> https://github.com/tmux/tmux/issues/405

When you close panes, other panes (windows) are resized, so that
a prompt redraw is expected. However, it's strange the new prompt
doesn't appear in place, but on the next line.

Do you get the same problem outside tmux when resizing the terminal?
If no, the problem seems to come from tmux.

Also try the same tests with:

  zsh -f
  RPS1=.

* Re: Prompt Redrawn When Resizing Or Deleting Panes In Tmux
@ 2016-05-20 10:38 ` Nikolay Aleksandrovich Pavlov (ZyX)
From: Nikolay Aleksandrovich Pavlov (ZyX) @ 2016-05-20 10:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: email.box, zsh-workers

20.05.2016, 04:37, "email.box@tutanota.de" <email.box@tutanota.de>:
> Hello,
>
> I'm not sure if this is a bug, or because the way tmux works, zsh is
> redrawing itself on the screen, therefore creating addition prompts.
>
> Please see this bug report for all the things I've been running into with
> tmux;
>
> https://github.com/tmux/tmux/issues/405
>
> thanks

It must redraw itself on screen when resizing at least because otherwise it will have no idea about where user cursor actually is (which means redrawing with the same problems while typing something or throwing visual artifacts at user), not to mention that right prompts will be positioned wrongly after resize and some prompts (e.g. powerline) may want to shrink/expand themselves when given additional space. What you see though is rather strange, so I would ask what is there in your PS1 and RPS1.

* Re: Prompt Redrawn When Resizing Or Deleting Panes In Tmux
@ 2016-05-21  3:29   ` email.box
From: email.box @ 2016-05-21  3:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Zsh Workers

Are you asking that I only try with these 2 in .zshrc?

zsh -f
   RPS1=.

If so I tried it and the same problems...

20. May 2016 10:28 by vincent@vinc17.net:

From: email.box @ 2016-05-21  3:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Zsh Workers