zsh-workers
* background job and atuin don't work well
@ 2024-02-09 11:13 lilydjwg
From: lilydjwg @ 2024-02-09 11:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: zsh-workers

atuin[1] is a history searcher that runs in the zle context. It
interacts with /dev/tty to show its UI.

I find that when a background job finishes during atuin is running, the
terminal state is corrupted, e.g. when \n is printed, it only moves the
cursor down, but not to the start. A `reset` fixes it.

atuin does restore the terminal state, but after that then zsh sets it
wrongly. If I `setopt localoptions nonotify` before running atuin, this
issue won't happen, but I can't see the background job status update
unless I run `jobs` manually.

[1]: https://github.com/atuinsh/atuin

--
Best regards,
lilydjwg

only message in thread, other threads:[~2024-02-09 11:14 UTC | newest]