zsh-workers
* FreeBSD completion patch (related to mount)
@ 2008-10-28 23:29 Sean C. Farley
From: Sean C. Farley @ 2008-10-28 23:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: zsh-workers

Here are a couple of patches to completion on FreeBSD concerning mount.
The reason I kept msdos options on FreeBSD as well as the msdosfs
options is that FreeBSD's mount will accept mount -t msdos with a
warning that msdosfs is the proper name.

http://people.freebsd.org/~scf/_file_systems.patch
http://people.freebsd.org/~scf/_mount.patch

Sean

P.S.  Please Cc: me as I am not on this list.
--
scf@FreeBSD.org

* Re: FreeBSD completion patch (related to mount)
@ 2008-10-29  1:40 ` Clint Adams
From: Clint Adams @ 2008-10-29  1:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Sean C. Farley; +Cc: zsh-workers

On Tue, Oct 28, 2008 at 06:29:35PM -0500, Sean C. Farley wrote:
> Here are a couple of patches to completion on FreeBSD concerning mount.
> The reason I kept msdos options on FreeBSD as well as the msdosfs
> options is that FreeBSD's mount will accept mount -t msdos with a
> warning that msdosfs is the proper name.

It seems less useful to offer that option then, no?

* Re: FreeBSD completion patch (related to mount)
@ 2008-10-29 23:53   ` Richard Hartmann
From: Richard Hartmann @ 2008-10-29 23:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Sean C. Farley, zsh-workers

On Wed, Oct 29, 2008 at 02:40, Clint Adams <clint@zsh.org> wrote:

> It seems less useful to offer that option then, no?

Esp since the correct option is the prefix of the wrong one.

Richard

* Re: FreeBSD completion patch (related to mount)
@ 2008-10-30  1:03     ` Sean C. Farley
From: Sean C. Farley @ 2008-10-30  1:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Richard Hartmann; +Cc: zsh-workers

On Thu, 30 Oct 2008, Richard Hartmann wrote:

> On Wed, Oct 29, 2008 at 02:40, Clint Adams <clint@zsh.org> wrote:
>
>> It seems less useful to offer that option then, no?

I tried to write the patches to offer msdosfs and not msdos as an option
to -t.  Since msdos is still accepted, I wrote the patch to display the
msdosfs options for both when -o is completed.  DragonFlyBSD is
basically the same except for the "fs" suffixes on three of the file
systems offered according to its man pages.

> Esp since the correct option is the prefix of the wrong one.

It appears to work correctly for me.  Did I miss something?

Examples:
1. mount -t <Tab> shows msdosfs and not msdos.
2. mount -t (msdos|msdosfs) -o <Tab> show the exact same options.

Sean
--
scf@FreeBSD.org