zsh-workers
* PATCH: _qtplay
@ 2005-05-09 21:13 Jesse W
From: Jesse W @ 2005-05-09 21:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: zsh-workers

qtplay is a comand-line wrapper around Quick Time for Mac OS X. (See
http://home.earthlink.net/~rainbowflight/#qtplay)  I don't know if we
want to include a mac-only program in the standard suite, but I thought
I'd send it in in any case, in case it's wanted.  Let me know if there
are any questions or suggestions...

*** /dev/null	Mon May  9 14:13:12 2005
--- /usr/share/zsh/4.1.1/functions/_qtplay	Mon May  9 13:44:50 2005
***************
*** 0 ****
--- 1,19 ----
+ #compdef qtplay
+
+ _arguments -S \
+     "-cd[play a CD]:*: : " \
+     "(-)-f[read files as playlist]:*:playlists:_files" \
+     "-l[loop]" \
+     "-q[quiet]" \
+     "-Q[quicktime only]" \
+     "-s[speak filenames]" \
+     "-S[sound manager only]" \
+     "-v[verbose]" \
+     "-z[shuffle play]" \
+     "-Z[random play]" \
+     "-1[play one random file]" \
+     "-t[update time]:floating point seconds: " \
+     "-T[kill time]:ticks: " \
+     "-V[volume]:percentage of normal volume: " \
+     "(-? --help -h)"{-?,--help,-h}"[help]" \
+     "(-)*:QT files or directories:_files"

* Re: PATCH: _qtplay
@ 2005-05-10  3:51 ` Bart Schaefer
From: Bart Schaefer @ 2005-05-10  3:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: zsh-workers

On May 9,  2:13pm, Jesse W wrote:
}
} I don't know if we want to include a mac-only program in the standard
} suite

That'd be what the Completion/Darwin/ tree is for, no?

} Let me know if there are any questions or suggestions...

Here's a suggestion:

} +     "(-)-f[read files as playlist]:*:playlists:_files" \

Surely not all files are playlists?  Is there some pattern that could
be used to identify playlist files, rather than completing all files?

* Re: PATCH: _qtplay
@ 2007-09-28  7:01   ` Jesse W
From: Jesse W @ 2007-09-28  7:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: zsh-workers

(Yes, I know I'm replying to a *two year old* message, but, hey, I have
a little backlog with my email. ;-) )

On May 9, 2005, at 8:51 PM, Bart Schaefer wrote:
> On May 9,  2:13pm, Jesse W wrote:
> }
> } I don't know if we want to include a mac-only program in the standard
> } suite
>
> That'd be what the Completion/Darwin/ tree is for, no?
>
> } Let me know if there are any questions or suggestions...
>
> Here's a suggestion:
>
> } +     "(-)-f[read files as playlist]:*:playlists:_files" \
>
> Surely not all files are playlists?  Is there some pattern that could
> be used to identify playlist files, rather than completing all files?

I don't think there's any way to do that, as qtplay will accept *any*
file and simply try to pull filenames out of it.  I was hoping to
gently suggest to people the *purpose* of the file, but really, the
format (and extension) is entirely undefined.

Jesse Weinstein