zsh-workers
* Re: zsh 5.9 released
       [not found] <15d1cb13-c597-4d64-8f7c-e2dd393c2cdb@www.fastmail.com>
@ 2022-05-16 23:17 ` Axel Beckert
From: Axel Beckert @ 2022-05-16 23:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: zsh-workers

On Sun, May 15, 2022 at 04:41:32PM -0500, dana wrote:
> zsh 5.9 has been released and made available for download at the
> following locations:
>
>   https://sourceforge.net/projects/zsh/files/
>   https://www.zsh.org/pub/

While verifying that there wasn't any changes to the tar ball I
downloaded Saturday on Sunday night, I noticed that
https://www.zsh.org/pub/MD5SUM is out of date and still contains
hashsums for 5.8 (not even 5.8.1).

In Etc/creating-a-release.txt it is only mentions as follows so far:

        (TODO: what about MD5SUM, FAQ, META-FAQ, all in www.zsh.org/pub/?)

I think as long as at least MD5SUM exists, it at least should be
updated with every release. Otherwise it should be removed.

		Kind regards, Axel
--
PGP: 2FF9CD59612616B5      /~\  Plain Text Ribbon Campaign, http://arc.pasp.de/
Mail: abe@deuxchevaux.org  \ /  Say No to HTML in E-Mail and Usenet

[-- Attachment #2: signature.asc --]

* Re: zsh 5.9 released
@ 2022-05-17 20:59   ` dana
From: dana @ 2022-05-17 20:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Axel Beckert; +Cc: Zsh hackers list

On Mon 16 May 2022, at 18:17, Axel Beckert wrote:
> I think as long as at least MD5SUM exists, it at least should be
> updated with every release. Otherwise it should be removed.

I have no opinion on which of these options we ultimately choose, but since
the file is there now, i've updated it for the current contents of the
directory. I've also added the 5.8[.-]* files to old/MD5SUM

dana