zsh-workers
* Adding hook to SIGWINCH
@ 2006-11-08 19:32 Nikolai Weibull
From: Nikolai Weibull @ 2006-11-08 19:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Zsh hackers list

It would be nice if one could be notified when a SIGWINCH has been
received so that things depending on $LINES or $COLUMNS can adjust to
their new values.  I'm guessing that the patch is trivial, i.e., a
callhookfunc("winch", NULL, 1); somewhere in adjustwinsize(), but I
don't know enough about what's going on in this function to actually
be able to provide a patch (I'm guessing the line can be added at the
end of the function).  Also, winch may be a bit on the short side,
perhaps zshwinch?  Oh well, just a suggestion.

(By the by, shouldn't shttyinfo be spelled with an 'i'? ;-)

Thanks.

  nikolai

* Re: Adding hook to SIGWINCH
@ 2006-11-08 19:34 ` Peter Stephenson
From: Peter Stephenson @ 2006-11-08 19:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Zsh hackers list

"Nikolai Weibull" wrote:
> It would be nice if one could be notified when a SIGWINCH has been
> received so that things depending on $LINES or $COLUMNS can adjust to
> their new values.

You should already be able to define TRAPWINCH() { ... }.

pws

* Re: Adding hook to SIGWINCH
@ 2006-11-08 19:41   ` Nikolai Weibull
From: Nikolai Weibull @ 2006-11-08 19:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Peter Stephenson; +Cc: Zsh hackers list

On 11/8/06, Peter Stephenson <pws@csr.com> wrote:
> "Nikolai Weibull" wrote:
> > It would be nice if one could be notified when a SIGWINCH has been
> > received so that things depending on $LINES or $COLUMNS can adjust to
> > their new values.
>
> You should already be able to define TRAPWINCH() { ... }.

Ah, but this will override the previous definition, will it not?

  nikolai

* Re: Adding hook to SIGWINCH
@ 2006-11-08 21:35     ` Peter Stephenson
From: Peter Stephenson @ 2006-11-08 21:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Zsh hackers list

"Nikolai Weibull" wrote:
> > You should already be able to define TRAPWINCH() { ... }.
>
> Ah, but this will override the previous definition, will it not?

Sure, but it's not very likely that you will need multiple independent
handlers for a rather specific signal.

--
Peter Stephenson <p.w.stephenson@ntlworld.com>

* Re: Adding hook to SIGWINCH
@ 2006-11-08 21:42       ` Nikolai Weibull
From: Nikolai Weibull @ 2006-11-08 21:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Peter Stephenson; +Cc: Zsh hackers list

On 11/8/06, Peter Stephenson <p.w.stephenson@ntlworld.com> wrote:
> "Nikolai Weibull" wrote:
> > > You should already be able to define TRAPWINCH() { ... }.
> >
> > Ah, but this will override the previous definition, will it not?
>
> Sure, but it's not very likely that you will need multiple independent
> handlers for a rather specific signal.

I need it for my prompt.  And perhaps I'll need it for something else?
 Of course, since I can't think of what that "something else" would
be, perhaps I'll just drop it.

  nikolai