zsh-workers
* Re: zsh-2.6-beta15 released
       [not found] <960428221528.ZM7971@zyrcon.z-code.com>
@ 1996-04-29  5:39 ` Richard Coleman
From: Richard Coleman @ 1996-04-29  5:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: schaefer; +Cc: zsh-workers

> On Apr 25, 12:27am, Richard Coleman wrote:
> } Subject: zsh-2.6-beta15 released
> }
> } I've decided to release beta15.  It only contains minor changes
> } [....]  The next beta should contain more substantial changes.
>
> Does anyone have plans to update the info files?  Some items are
> rather far out of date.

For the time being, I'm only going to worry about the man pages.  Eventually
we can probably convert them to other formats using rman.  But since this is
a lot of work, it should probably wait until we get closer to the production
release (whenever that is).

Mark and I have looked at various alternatives (pod, linux-doc, etc..) for
use with zsh documentation, but so far, none of these fit the bill (although
pod comes pretty close).

rc

* Re: zsh-2.6-beta15 released
@ 1996-04-29  5:55   ` Barton E. Schaefer
From: Barton E. Schaefer @ 1996-04-29  5:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Richard Coleman; +Cc: zsh-workers

On Apr 29,  1:39am, Richard Coleman wrote:
}
} For the time being, I'm only going to worry about the man pages.  Eventually
} we can probably convert them to other formats using rman.

Does that apply to the files that used to be in the help/ subdir as
well?  (I note that the run-help function to search $HELPDIR is still
present in the Functions/ subdir, but the supporting files are gone.)

--
Bart Schaefer                     Vice President, Technology, Z-Code Software
schaefer@z-code.com                  Division of NCD Software Corporation

* Re: zsh-2.6-beta15 released
@ 1996-04-29  5:58     ` Richard Coleman
From: Richard Coleman @ 1996-04-29  5:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: schaefer; +Cc: zsh-workers

> On Apr 29,  1:39am, Richard Coleman wrote:
> }
> } For the time being, I'm only going to worry about the man pages.  Eventually
> } we can probably convert them to other formats using rman.
>
> Does that apply to the files that used to be in the help/ subdir as
> well?  (I note that the run-help function to search $HELPDIR is still
> present in the Functions/ subdir, but the supporting files are gone.)

If people think they are useful, I'll probably add them back to the
distribution later.

rc

* Re: zsh-2.6-beta15 released
@ 1996-04-29 15:30       ` Achim Braemer
From: Achim Braemer @ 1996-04-29 15:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Richard Coleman; +Cc: zsh-workers

Richard Coleman writes on April 29:
 > > Does that apply to the files that used to be in the help/ subdir as
 > > well?  (I note that the run-help function to search $HELPDIR is still
 > > present in the Functions/ subdir, but the supporting files are gone.)
 >
 > If people think they are useful, I'll probably add them back to the
 > distribution later.

In my oppinion they are EXTREMELY useful scince zsh commands have so
many wonderful options...

It would be great if they could be updated with the man pages.

-- Achim --

* Re: zsh-2.6-beta15 released
@ 1996-04-29 16:04         ` Mark Borges
From: Mark Borges @ 1996-04-29 16:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: zsh-workers

a> Richard Coleman writes on April 29:
>> > Does that apply to the files that used to be in the help/ subdir as
>> > well?  (I note that the run-help function to search $HELPDIR is still
>> > present in the Functions/ subdir, but the supporting files are gone.)
>>
>> If people think they are useful, I'll probably add them back to the
>> distribution later.

a> It would be great if they could be updated with the man pages.

Didn't Peter supply a perl script a while back to automatically
generate these from the man pages? Or am I thinking of something else?

--
  -mb-