* [9front] hackathon the next: locations needed
@ 2024-02-06 20:09 ori
From: ori @ 2024-02-06 20:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9front

It's time to start planning for the next
hackathon. Anyone able to help us get a
good space?

Hacking typically happens at all hours,
so either good shared accomodations with
a large common space, or a room with 24/7
access is ideal.

If possible there would be someone local
who could accept shipments for network gear,
knows the neighborhood, etc.

The last ones we held were in early Aug;
I think doing it at that time again works.

Once I get a few candidate locations and
times, we'll take a look and pick one that's
fun, accessible, and affordable.

* Re: [9front] hackathon the next: locations needed
@ 2024-02-07  8:24 ` umbraticus
From: umbraticus @ 2024-02-07  8:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9front

Some have mentioned a desire to come to New Zealand.
I don't know about accessible and affordable, but it would
be fun. If enough people are interested in coming this far
I have already indicated I am very prepared to be your man
on the ground, secure a space, network, plan &c.

August is possible but I would be most at everyone's disposal
between 6 and 21 July or between 28 Sept and 13 October.

I am in Auckland. It might be nice to seclude ourselves
somewhere picturesque and remote but if people arrive
at different times or whatever possibly best to hack here
and then those who wish to venture further afield and make
the most of coming all this way can do so before/after.

Let me know what you think,

umbraticus

* Re: [9front] hackathon the next: locations needed
@ 2024-02-09 23:42   ` thedaemon
From: thedaemon @ 2024-02-09 23:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9front

I would love to come, as a holiday and 9Front gathering, it would have to be next year for me though or perhaps later this year, to save the money and have vacation time off from work.
Quoth umbraticus@prosimetrum.com: