* [9front] mnt reform rcore rk3588
@ 2024-03-11 15:52 Stanley Lieber
From: Stanley Lieber @ 2024-03-11 15:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9front

anyone thinking about getting one of these and making 9front run on it?

https://community.mnt.re/t/mnt-reform-rcore-rk3588-processor-module-release/1924

maybe mnt would even donate one?

sl

* Re: [9front] mnt reform rcore rk3588
@ 2024-03-11 18:54 ` Sigrid Solveig Haflínudóttir
From: Sigrid Solveig Haflínudóttir @ 2024-03-11 18:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9front

I ordered one.

* Re: [9front] mnt reform rcore rk3588
@ 2024-03-11 21:31 ` adventures in9
From: adventures in9 @ 2024-03-11 21:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9front

I have done some basic 9front kernels with some help from Cinap for
the rk3399 and rk3568.  Not much beyond getting it to boot and talking
on a uart.  With the new generic Arm64 kernel, I would want to redo
them to work with that.
https://github.com/adventuresin9/9front-rk3399
https://github.com/adventuresin9/9front-rk3568

I had heard about this new module for the Reform, and the rk3568
shares 4 A55 cores with the rk3588.  However, the rk3588 also has an
additional 4 A76 cores.

My experience so far with Rockchip;
Documents are not too hard to come across.  They tend to use standard
uarts, and other peripherals tend to be stuff from Designware, so
getting information on those from the BSD's is pretty easy.  They seem
to just use Mali for graphics on all their chips.

@ 2024-03-11 22:03   ` Aidan K. Wiggins
From: Aidan K. Wiggins @ 2024-03-11 22:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: adventuresin9, 9front

Somewhat tangentially, I am in the beginning of working on a kernel
for the RK3308 (and learning kernel stuff along the way), but am
trying to go u-bootless and boot directly to 9 currently; this
invariably requires their blobs (at least I think it does) currently.
I only have a basic bare-metal UART going as of now (and, it was just
yesterday I discovered it was functionally an 8250..).

-Aidan

[-- Attachment #2: Type: message/rfc822, Size: 4096 bytes --]

From: adventures in9 <adventuresin9@gmail.com>
To: 9front@9front.org
Subject: Re: [9front] mnt reform rcore rk3588
Date: Mon, 11 Mar 2024 14:31:44 -0700