* [9fans] VMware Distro getting started
@ 2002-08-12  3:46 Martin Duffy
From: Martin Duffy @ 2002-08-12  3:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

I am new to Plan9.

I downloaded the VMWare distribution. It boots and after what appears
to be a normal startup I get the following prompt:

root is from (il, local)[local!#S/sdC0/fs]:

I get no other prompt so that I can "login as glenda"

I can do a ^T^Tr and reboot

I have not idea what to do next. Should I create a auth server? Is this
already
some sort of a server? does fs in the command prompt = file server?I
have no idea. Every command that I type is echoed in the prompt but nothing
seems to do anything. Except the reboot sequence.

Please do not send me to the wiki pages without any other
instructions. I do not see anything there that helps to use the VMWare
distribution.

There are absolutly NO instructions provided with the VMWare
distribution? NOT even a readme?

Any direction would be appreciated

Martin

* Re: [9fans] VMware Distro getting started
@ 2002-08-12  8:59 ` Martin Duffy
From: Martin Duffy @ 2002-08-12  8:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

Got it Everything seems to be working. I appreciate the help....

@ 2002-08-12  3:57 Russ Cox